UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Could anyone please tell me how I can keep my two cats teeth clean.
I know a raw chicken wing is supposed to help but Tipsy just sniffed it and walked away and although my baby Nemo had a little tug of it, he walked away too. Also I was a wee bit worried about Nemo eating raw as he has a sensitive tummy. Is there anything else I can give them. Just recently the vet told me Tipsy who is nearly two has the beginnings of Gingivitus..

Many thanks to you for any advice.

Kyria.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
There are toothpastes you can buy, I use Logic but my girl won't tolerate me anywhere near her teeth with a brush but the logic can be used without a brush and licked off your finger, but the pack does contain a rather plasticy finger brush.

There is also vibrac which comes with a tiny little brush but my girl didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for your advice.

So by giving the cats the toothpaste just to lick it off your finger, this action cleans their teeth ok without using a toothbrush? (I would never put a toothbrush in Tipsys mouth I dont know who would come off worse me or the toothbrush)..

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,613 Posts
I ordered a tube of logic gel for Meeko and I have to say he loves it.
When I read reports of PF members cats desperate to get the the tube I really didnt expect the reaction I got from Meeko :D.That said though I dont fancy trying to put the blue rubbery finger brush in his mouth :eek:I think that plus a finger would choke the poor bu**er :rolleyes:.Might invest in a small cat tooth brush as I think he would tolerate it,maybe :001_unsure: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.