Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How to keep cats teeth clean.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Kyria, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Kyria

Kyria PetForums VIP

Hey Guys,

Could anyone please tell me how I can keep my two cats teeth clean.
    I know a raw chicken wing is supposed to help but Tipsy just sniffed it and walked away and although my baby Nemo had a little tug of it, he walked away too. Also I was a wee bit worried about Nemo eating raw as he has a sensitive tummy. Is there anything else I can give them. Just recently the vet told me Tipsy who is nearly two has the beginnings of Gingivitus..

Many thanks to you for any advice.

Kyria.

2. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

There are toothpastes you can buy, I use Logic but my girl won't tolerate me anywhere near her teeth with a brush but the logic can be used without a brush and licked off your finger, but the pack does contain a rather plasticy finger brush.

There is also vibrac which comes with a tiny little brush but my girl didn't like it.

3. Sirild

Sirild PetForums Member

4. Kyria

Kyria PetForums VIP

Thanks guys for your advice.

So by giving the cats the toothpaste just to lick it off your finger, this action cleans their teeth ok without using a toothbrush? (I would never put a toothbrush in Tipsys mouth I dont know who would come off worse me or the toothbrush)..

5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I ordered a tube of logic gel for Meeko and I have to say he loves it.
    When I read reports of PF members cats desperate to get the the tube I really didnt expect the reaction I got from Meeko :D.That said though I dont fancy trying to put the blue rubbery finger brush in his mouth :eek:I think that plus a finger would choke the poor bu**er :rolleyes:.Might invest in a small cat tooth brush as I think he would tolerate it,maybe :001_unsure: :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice