UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
NO not that sort:eek: :lol:

Since I had my dinner at around 5.30ish, I've gotten the most awful pain in my stomach. I think it's trapped wind, as I normally get it with anything with orange in it, but other stuff doesn't usually effect it. However this is a awful, horrible feeling and it's painful too, anyone know any ways to get shut of it fast? I've looked on yahoo answers and they say bicarb of soda but we don't have any in, any other suggestions extremely welcome!
Got any peppermint tea or chamomile tea or anything peppermint?
Andrews liver salts is good too.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
If you find out please let me know, Ive had that problem the last year or so:(:(

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I have this a lot, and I usually lay flat on the floor on my stomach, then sit up, back very very straight and hey presto....well sometimes, other times it doesn't work at all... thats not a lot of help really is it?

Sorry, hope it shifts quickly xxx

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
I've heard drinking a can of fizzy as fast asyou can will force you to burp - but I've no idea if it'd actually work.

Hope you feel better soon

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Burnt toast is meant to be effective as it absorbs the windy pop gas

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
If you lay on your back with your butt raised up against the sofa you'll find that as hot air tends to travel in an upward direction the air trapped in your intestines will eventually find the only exit available it! :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
peppermint in any form! plus walking around.

i recently had keyhole surgery - as part of it they fill your abdomen with gas so that they can see what they're doing - and peppermint is what the hospital advised to help get rid of the awful trapped gas pains afterwards.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I would usually go for andrews liver salts, but if i don't have that then i would go for rennies or something similar. Failing that, gentle movements or jiggling about, sounds silly but I finds that it shoogles your insides about a bit and moves the wind to a more comfortable position.:)

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Sipping slightly cooled boiled water is supposed to be good.

Always worth a try if you have got nothing else in the house. :)

Hope you're feeling better today.

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Thanks to all who replied to this, I fell asleep before I could reply last night! In the end I tried the fizzy drink option, though it takes some willpower to drink a glassfull of fizzy lemonade fast when you already feel like you've drunk a barrel full of the stuff!:eek: It helped quite a bit, so thanks to Fleur for suggesting it:)
I'm gald it helped - I wasn't sure it would and was worried after I'd posted it would make you feel worse.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm gald it helped - I wasn't sure it would and was worried after I'd posted it would make you feel worse.
thank you, it was a great tip, I'll keep it in mind in case there's a next time. I'm not exactly sure what caused it, only thing that really affects me is orange juice of any sort (can't stand it, get such agonising pain with it feels like I'm dying), so I avoid that, but other stuff is generally ok. I'm picky with food/drink though either cos I don't like them or they make me feel bad, so maybe I've just gotten a sensitive stomach.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awful isn't it? Orange tango, orangeade, orange juice, orange squash, actual oranges, you name it. The pain is absolutely crucifying, to the point I have cried to be knocked out so I couldn't feel it:(. I couldn't understand what it was to start with, but soon worked out that whenever I'd had anything orange (particularly to drink) I'd feel like this 5 minutes later. Not sure if it's the acid in them (lemons and limes don't bother me), or whether it's a reaction of some sort.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I always have peppermint tea in the house for such times. OH moans and says 'But I don't like it' And I reply 'So what you know it works!' He then drinks it with a face like a bulldog licking wee off a nettle and voila! Within half an hour it's gone!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.