Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How to de-flee when you have mother and kitten?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Grangey, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Grangey

Grangey PetForums Junior

Hi all,

We have two cats, one cat about 1.5 years old, and one kitten about 13 weeks. Both unforuntaley have got fleas, and I have already tried the de-fleaing tablets, and whilst it worked for a couple of days, it only killed the fully developed flees I think.

We have two "Spot on" flee treatments. Is it safe to apply these considering I have mother and kitten?
    My concern is naturally that spot on should be applied in an area the cat cannot lick, but they both clean eachother.. therefore my concern is that if I apply the spot on treatment, they will both try to lick it off eachother...

Any suggestions/ Thoughts?

Thanks
    Grangey

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

All my animals are flead using frontline spot on

They try and have a lick now and then but they soon learn not too

Im sure they will be ok if you use the spot on

3. i use spot on for cats of that age, you can always keep them in seperate rooms for an hour or two until its hand chance to soak in properly.

You could also consider one ofthe oral flea treatments which effectively breaks the life cycles of fleas but wont kill the ones already there. The one i am thinking of is called program.

However as they have fleas you will stilneed something in the meantime to kill the adults and larvae. A spot on or spray would be ideal. Spot ons such as frontline, frontline plus, advantix, advantage, advocate are all suitable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice