Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How to change your body clock??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by catz4m8z, Apr 14, 2011.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

how on earth to you persuade your body that it wants to get up earlier??
    Even when I set my alarm earlier I either sleep through it or wake up feeling really ill for the rest of the day. Then I still end up going to bed about 2 or 3 coz I cant sleep any earlier..:(
    Esp now summer is here and I will have to get up early if I want to walk the dogs.
    How do you get up early when your bodyclock tells you its still the middle of the night??:confused:

2. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Erm id try going to bed earlier and using black out blinds and see how that goes first.

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

dunno I sleep at really bad times :D but gonna loiter for an answer lol

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Watch your tele in the bedroom with the lights out and laying on just two pillows, you will soon be sleepy and just nodd off, coz your eyes are half way closed in that position, I did have blackout blinds in our room which do help.
    OR
    Turn your clocks forward two hours ;) you'll get a shock in the morning when you think you over slept by two hours,:D

5. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

I have the same problem, though I still normally go to sleep at say 12.30am, I find it physically hard to get out of bed before 9, normally I'm asleep until 10am.

When I have to get up for work at say 7am, by the time I finish work at 1pm (I do 4 hour shifts), I am shattered and feel sick. =/

I'm sure it's just getting into the habit of getting up early, but I can't seem to stick it. I just turn the alarm off in my sleep.

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I might try the clock trick, try and fib to myself a little bit!!LOL
    I find it difficult to get to sleep anyways. If I go to bed earlier I just wont sleep, get frustrated and end up beingn awake til 4 or 5 instead!:rolleyes: Also I cant sleep in the daytime meaning between nightshifts I can sometimes go 2 and a half days without sleep.:(
    I really envy people who can fall asleep anywhere...

7. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I am so used to changing my body clock round from working days and nights. Answer is......

Stay awake for around 40 odd hours, or only have a couple of hours sleep and feel crap all day then fall into bed around 7pm!

I just used to stay awake for hours and hours till I was literally falling asleep, to change my hours round!

Are you a bit of a trekkie? I just noticed your rats names :)

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

My hubby can sleep as soon as his head hits the pillow and starts to snore, I take ages to fall asleep and am a light sleeper so if anything wakes me then that is me up for the rest of the night. Try getting up early each morning and see how long it takes for your body to become tired earlier in the evenings? Its not easy though is it. A nice hot bubble bath just before bed may help too.

9. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

I have insomnia which goes in cycles, Im currently on the "normal" sleep mode where I can sleep most of the night but I wake every 2 hours or so and Im getting up earlier and earlier so wont be long till Im not sleeping again at all! :(
    Suppose it will be good with the baby lol!

I just try and knacker myself out completely if i want to sleep a night through but it doesnt always work

10. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Set your alarm for the same time every morning and only go to sleep when you're sleepy. Eventually, you'll want to start going to sleep earlier and earlier to fit in enough sleep for when you need to wake up. Apparently just going to bed earlier can make things worse, as you're not tired and tend to stay awake even longer.

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

stay up all night dont go to bed untill the following night that might get you back to normal

but go to bed at a earlier time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice