Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How the rich, penny pinch.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

OH was reading this one for sights he goes on...

One of the men on there whose company he worked for, did a job on a millionaires house when they send him the bill he paid it but with £30 deducted for the cups of tea his wife gave the workmen.:Jawdrop

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Am owed about a million pounds then... I have even given biscuits. Once offered to buy a plasterer take away pizza.

3. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Not just the rich. A woman around here was having building work done and refused to allow the workers to use her electricity supply for their power tools.

lullabydream likes this.
  4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

yup, rich people dont get rich by squandering money! :D

JANICE199 likes this.
  5. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

The old saying, " look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves ", comes to mind.;)

6. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

I once worked as a live in housekeeper to a multi millionaire. He must have been one of the meanest people I ever met.

He only allowed me to eat margarine, something I've never done and for meat I was only allowed to buy chicken backs and pigs liver, because according to him anything else was too expensive. If on a special occasion he opened a bottle of wine it was served in sherry glasses and no more than one drink per person. In his more generous moments he'd take me and his girlfriend out for a meal, but neither of us was given a menu because he'd choose the cheapest dish for us and for himself the most expensive.

Needless to say I didn't work for him for very long!

Happy Paws2 and Lurcherlad like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice