Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How the hell can i do this and not know about it....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jamat, Apr 21, 2017.

1. jamat

jamat PetForums VIP

OK the story....

About five weeks ago my right ankle started to swell up and was very tender to the touch which made walking painful.....

Took three weeks to get a doctors appointment....they didn't know what it was so had x rays, bloods and fluid samples taken from my ankle....
    Then went on holiday to the peak district with some wonderful painkillers.....

Finally found out the problem today as results back.....it seems that in the last 6 to 8 months i fractured a bone in my ankle?.....how is totally beyond me.....????

Anyway because it wasn't immobilised it kept sealing over then fracturing again and again....this process built up a large lump of new bone over the area which started to rub the surrounding soft tissue...and making it inflamed and infected.....

Treatment...antibiotics for the infection and in about two weeks a trip to the hospital where they will either inject the area to dissolve the bone fragment or open it up and grind smooth the area.....

So at present i have one of those moon boots on to keep it immobile and give me support and another lot of those wonderful pain killers....

Alfie loves chewing the boot and the crutch :(

But what the hey.....just come back from and hour and a half walk....wife mad at me as i told her i was only taking him round the block..... Just call me pig headed :)

Firedog, Picklelily, Twiggy and 2 others like this.
  2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Oh no! Hope you make a quick recovery :)

leashedForLife likes this.
  3. cbcdesign

cbcdesign PetForums VIP

Ewwww! Sounds painful!
    Duch and I went for a 1.5 hour walk on Wednesday whilst the car was being serviced and on Thursday we were both limping!

4. evel-lin

evel-lin PetForums VIP

ouch that sounds sore! I'm with your wife, rest that foot before you do any more damage :eek:

5. cbcdesign

cbcdesign PetForums VIP

Absolutely. We thought we were ok and ended up limping. Walking on a foot with a fracture, not a good idea!

6. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

ouch hope it heals quickly and painlessly

7. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Good grief, you're as bad as Zaros, stop walking miles and rest it.

Hope you get better soon;)

Magyarmum likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice