Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How tall does a fence need to me

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Jul 7, 2009.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Hi,
    I have lost all my links for rabbits sites as well as everything else. I know i read this on a site - but can anyone tell me how tall a fence needs to be so that a rabbit can't jump over it? Many thanks if you know. I am having a temp fence made so that the new rabbit can run about the back-yard until Pickles and he become friends. I need to let the guy who made my run know how high it needs to be.
    Thanks,
    jacqui x

2. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Well i would say 3ft should be ok.... but saffy jumped up on my 3ft slabs yesturday no problem a couple of times :eek: so im gonna say 4 ft!! lol

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Id say 4ft.

Lottie can clear 3ft no problem. But she is quite big, and built a bit like a hare.

4. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

I would not go any lower than 3'6 as I have rabbits jumping any lower than this.

5. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I tend to do 3ft cos mine arnt really that bothered about escaping lol, and there is nothing better the other side of it, they have toys food and a warm bed inside, just gravel outside of it!

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice