Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hOW OLD

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sullivan, Aug 1, 2009.

1. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

ok whats the oldest pet you know of mine was my nans 21 year old italian grey hound....He was called cargo had no teeth left and was deaf and blind but he was happy and still got around if no one moved the furniture around.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

A dog that we sometimes meet is nearly 19. My monster in law had a cat that was 22.

3. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

My uncles dog, and he was 20 when he died :( and he was the biggest softy going!

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Sorry made me chuckle your monster in law.... sorry you have my prob tonight fingers not hitting the right keys...lol.

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My dog Rex lived to 17, I don't know anyone else who had an older animal

6. animallover111

gosh i didnt know dogs could live upto 19+ years......:eek:
    we used to have a donkey where i worked and he was in his 40's.......

7. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

i WAS SHOCKED HEARING ABOUT THE DUCK ON TV SOUTH THAT WAS RESCUED AND IS NOW 22 AND STILL GOING THOUGHT DUCKS DIDNT LIVE THIS LONG.

8. Deerhounder

Deerhounder PetForums Senior

My sister's Bull Terrier was a few weeks off her 19th birthday when she was put to sleep with cancer. Abbie was always very over weight and I told my sister she would not live past 10 unless she put her on a diet. I'm sure Abbie made it to nearly 19 just to prove me wrong.:)

The oldest dog outside the family was a Pug who made it to the age of 23. He was still going for his daily walk with his elderly owner until a few days before the end.

My own dogs mostly live to about 15 or 16.

9. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Well I'm going to cheat and say...the owner of the stables where my sister keeps her horse. One of the owner's horse's is 26 :001_tt2:

10. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

My Oh's nan has a tortoise that is nearly 50 if that counts :001_tt2:

My MIL had a cat that was 22/23 when he was PTS. he couldnt see or hear but up until he died he could smell chicken from anywhere in the house and move quicker than ever still :D

11. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

My mum had a collie cross who was 18 when she was PTS.

Years ago when I used to work at a riding school I was given an old coloured pony Ringo to retire him. No one knew his exact age the records at the riding school didn't go back that far. What we did know was that parents of children that I taught on him had also learnt to ride on Ringo. Through what different people told us we worked out he was about 5 years old when he arrived at the school and was about 43 years ago when he died.

12. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ahh forgot about the tortoise lady at work has one and hes 56 now and still going strong . Hes the largest ive ever seen but then havent seen many that have got to that age. Her mum got it after he was nearlly caught in a lawn mower.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice