Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How Old is Too Old For Agility/Flyball?

Discussion in 'Dog Agility and Flyball' started by AJH, Jul 28, 2009.

1. AJH

AJH PetForums Junior

My dog is 7, but he is very fast, fit and healthy. When I play fetch with him, he usually gets to the ball quite quickly, and gets there before other dogs who are playing do. In fact, I have to trick him to give the other dogs a chance, haha. Also, he is a labrador. Is he the right build? Cheers

2. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

If you could contact a local Agility or flyball club,chat with them ,ask if you can take your dog along to a session,i am sure they will let your dog have a go and see how he gets on,where i train some dogs aged 4 are slow ,others that are older go really fast,
    Hope you find a club,Agilitys great for dog and owner,so says me whos worn out after an hour training last night :D:D

3. AJH

AJH PetForums Junior

This is the first I have heard of dog agility and fly ball and would love to do it, if I can find some time a club. I will definitely get in touch like you said.

4. hazel pritchard

When i was looking for an agility club i just googled Agility Training and then put in the area i lived in, whereabouts in the country are you ?
    Good luck to you hope you find a club

5. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Labs do fantastic at agility they may not be as fast as the collies, kelpies or belgian shepherds but they do pretty well. There were 2 in the agility trial we had Buster in and 1 was 9. He was slow but he did pretty good. Go on agility.net they should have a list.

6. AJH

AJH PetForums Junior

cool, thanks and I'm in Birmingham.

7. AJH

AJH PetForums Junior

so..umm anyone know of any dog agility clubs in Birmingham? The agility.net link was broken/site under construction atm

8. hazel pritchard

9. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

You could even try yellow pages or something they might have a listing for agility clubs.

10. AllstarsFlyballTeam

AllstarsFlyballTeam PetForums Newbie

Hi

In terms of flyball there is no age limit ... I have a 5 yr old dog who competes at the highest level in flyball and know of many flyball dogs who still compete over the age of 10 who look as fit and healthy as a young dog!!

We are based in Sandbach, so perhaps too far from you but if you visit British Flyball Association - Home Page you will find a map of the clubs in the UK so may be able to find one nearer to you.

Christina
    Allstars Flyball Team
    ALLSTARS FLYBALL TEAM - Home

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice