Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How often to weigh?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jan 29, 2012.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

As you know I am trying to get a bit of weight on Xiva.

I have put her back on puppy food but also adding in some salmon and potato adult food It's currently at about 10 measures puppy to 1 measure salmon and potato as that's all I had left (was for putting on top Millies food to make it smelly when I stopped using the wet) so I might play with the proportions a wee bit.

I'm also (much to the other dogs' disgust) increasing it slightly and splitting it so she is fed twice a day. She does go to walk away from it but I click my fingers and point at her dish and she eats it.

So, how often should I be weighing her to keep an eye on any increase?

I'm not really sure what weight she is 'supposed' to be as she's not looked ideal weight so obviously once she is in shape and I can't feel/see her ribs so easily then I will know what she is supposed to be so I can keep an eye on it when I eventually do move her back onto adult food. Though I am thinking I will prob have to find one that is higher protein than the one Dixie and Dave are on is 21%

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'd weigh her once a week on the same day at the same time and chart her progress.

Good luck :)

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Thanks, I didn't know if that was too often I really hope she starts to fill out.

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I was thinking along the same lines as a Weight Watchers meeting only in reverse :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice