Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How often do your cat 'go'?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Riverwish, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

We've had Oscar just over a week now. I can't help but notice that he poos a lot, at least once a day, sometimes more and it REALLY stinks (Sorry no other way to say it lol).

I don't know if this is normal, when we first got Aber and he was inside for a while he went a lot less often and never smelt like Oscar does.

How often do your cats 'go'? Do you think this is normal?

Thanks

Hattie

2. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

I think it's perfectly normal for a cat to poo at LEAST once a day, probably twice is more common, if the poo stinks then consider changing his food, rubbish in rubbish out.

3. Riverwish

Maybe it's just because i'm used to my older cat and he eats less and therefore goes less :)

I don't feed anything that's less than 50% meat (usually they have 70%) so I don't think he's eating rubbsih. He's not going out yet so he's not picking anything up off the streets to eat.

Oh well guess I just have a stinky puss :p

4. Coraline

Coraline PetForums Member

My cat has a poo once about every two-three days, but then he's on a raw diet so that's normal.

Is Oscar a kitten still? When my cat was younger his poo smelled worse than what it does now, and his diet hasn't changed so it may be something he'll grow out of, if yours is anything like mine :)

5. Riverwish

No he's 7-9 years (he was a stray before he went to the rescue centre). They have put him at 8 years with his birthday as the day he came in. Personally I think he's a bit younger, maybe 6 but definitely not kitten age :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice