Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How Often Do You Buy Your Cat Food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Milly22, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

I have been buying weekly and I think I may spend around £60, that's for 3 cats, cat litter, cat food, and cat biscuits. This does not include little treats or nail scizzors etc....

I go to PAH twice per week.

Do you think I could do this cheaper if I bought in bulk monthly

What do you spend and how often? Approximately.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Angelic1

Angelic1 PetForums Member

Cosma Glory Saver Pack - Great deals on premium cat food at zooplus

Bozita Cat Food Chunks in Jelly 64 x 370 g Saver Pack at zooplus

Applaws Dry Kitten - Applaws Cat Food - Applaws Kitten - Cat Food - 7.5 kg

Buy Yesterdays News Cat Litter 30lb 136kg Paper Litter

I buy pretty much everything in bulk. I buy my wet food from zooplus. Spend over £29 for free delivery. As well as the cosmaThai and Bozita I also buy in some porta 21, Applaws, Grau Goumet and Schesir wet foods for variety.

I have just started to buy my applaws dry food in 7.5kg from the pet food wholesaler - buy 2 bags for free delivery. I use approx 1kg of dry food a month for one cat.

I have found that buying a dry food with high meat content and good quality wet food that she actually eats less.

I buy a 13.5kg bag of yesturdays news from petplanet for £7.99 which will last the month for one cat. I have just recently bought in 8 bags for the free postage and whilst it is on offer at this great price so this will last me until end of Februaruy/March.

All in all I spend approximately £35 per mth for one cat by buying in bulk. This does not include any treats or tit bits (fresh chicken, fish, ham or cheese as an when I have it myself). Ive also recently paid £10 for a sample pack of raw food from Food4-cats which is quite a lot of raw food and will also last some time.

The only problem with buying in bulk is having somewhere to put it all! :D

#2 Angelic1, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  3. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

I buy in bulk from North West Pet Supplies.

They deliver to my door each month and I spend around 80 a month for food and litter on 4 cats.

Don't know individual prices but they have a price list on the website.

4. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

I go once a week for my 8 i work it so i have enough to last but i'm always in p@h anyway because of all my other caged furballs !!:D

5. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

I buy wet food weekly, as I couldn't afford to buy a months supply in one go! (I have 3 cats too) It costs me about £10 for the wet food/week
    I do however buy the dry food in bulk, its much cheaper and much better value. My cats didn't like the very reasonably priced Fit and Fun brand (about £5 for 5kg) but they like the good stuff! lol. I get the huge bag of Select Gold complete dry food - 10kg for almost £40. (I'm converting from euro to £ approx) The 10kg bag lasts over a month and is a really good investment.
    I buy cat litter every 2 weeks - 2 x 15kg bags at around £10.

So its not too expensive - it took me about 2 months to find the right balance

6. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

i do mine monthly coz i no if i left the money in my bank id spend it lol.
    i spend roughly £30-£40 on his food, £10 on his litter which is new so yet to see if that lasts a month, then i spend maybe a fiver on treats and toys (im banned from buyin toys coz he never uses them lol)

i have noticed that if i buy a 48 pouch box it costs less than if i bought several 12 pouch boxes to the equivalent of a 48. if that makes sense lol

7. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

wet food weekly.
    dry food monthly from a cat show
    litter monthly from a cat show

not sure how much i spend per month, really don't want to scare myself! lol

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I've had my girl for about 2 weeks and I've spent almost bugger all on her food. I got a box of felix pouches for £3 and my mother bought me a box of biscuits for her.

Though she has cost me a fortune in accessories lol

9. Faerie Queene

Faerie Queene PetForums Member

Before I recently acquired a freezer, (I'd been without one for 5 years) I used to buy their food every other day. Now, with the freezer, I can shop weekly.
    I spend approx £10.20 on food and £1.20 on litter.
    This is for 3 cats.

10. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Yikes tell me more ?

How can you do that ? :confused: Is this raw feeding?

Misty needs diet food which is £25.90 for 30 trays, so we need 2 of them if ordering monthly so that's £51.80.

Then there is Poppy she likes Hi-life and goes through 2/3 boxes per week. :eek: which works out at £14.64 per week which would be £58.56. (month) she will not eat dry food I have crunched it in her Hilife, I have blended biscuits and mixed them in but no way hosie, no dry food.

Then there are the biscuits Royal Canin £14.80 (month)

Then Tilly, she refuses anything but Whiskas and has 2 pouches per day, plus her biscuits so she's around £10.00 per week. £40.00.

So that's Tilly = £ 40.00
    Poppy = £51.80
    Misty = £51.80
    Litter = ? 20/30

Yikes that's a lot isn't it ? :D

11. spid

spid PetForums VIP

When I feed solely raw it costs me about 20-40p a day per cat. I buy it in bulk and put it in the freezer. Unfortunately Minnii isn't 'into' raw and so I do a zooplus order of around £75 every couple of months. Once we move I am seriously going to be pushing the raw more.

Litter is about £7.50 a week (bought in bulk) at the mo - but that was with kittens too - it will be much less now they are gone.
    food - £40 a month with the kittens here - less now they have flown the nest now.

12. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Well I also use zooplus and buy their value pack of Bozita which works out at 51 chf for 54 boxes. I really need to get a freezer as I have found a brill supplier for raw over here but can't order much at the moment as we only have an ice box. I buy my cat litter from zooplus. I have just started ordering from pet supermarket again which is great as I don't get charged import tax and its very reasonably priced for lots of things. I can also get hi life cat food from there. I do an order every other month which works out well with three cats!

Izzie

13. little_miss_kitty

little_miss_kitty PetForums Senior

I buy Winston & Lola’s food in bulk every 6 weeks direct from the manufacturer and it costs me around £92 for 16 boxes (12 pouches in each). I find it cheaper to do it this way than buy weekly plus I can’t buy natures menu around here other than from pets at home and its a bit of a drive from my house. Works out around £4.59 a box whereas I’d pay around £5.50 in pets at home + petrol so I make a bit of a saving.

I then buy their cat litter each month on pay day…a big bag of chick crumbs that costs me £9 and lasts 4 weeks.

14. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

I may have to buy a taster pack of raw and see how I go with it. Misty cannot have it but Poppy may go with it and Tilly chased (when she was well) birds/mice so I think she would possibly go for it.

That would only leave the dry, Mistys food and litter, yes I am deffo spending too much!

I need to read up more on raw feeding. Misty likes raw mince but it goes right through her.

15. Faerie Queene

Faerie Queene PetForums Member

Yep, I raw feed.
    At the mo, I am buying their food from Sainsbury's (human grade), but I want them to have a bit more variety, so I am looking at other sources.

16. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

I buy huge breeder bags of Royal Canin dry food from North West Pets. They're based in Blackpool, but deliver to virtually the whole country with free delivery. They stock all the premium brands and they also attend cat shows where they do "show specials". You can order over the internet or by phone & they're very helpful. Website - North West Pet Foods, pet supplies, pet food for dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and more! It works out much cheaper than buying small bags :D

17. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

every two to three weeks roughly i need to buy a 10 pound bag of food = 41$

a week of wet canned food = 20 to 25$

plus all the other raw stuff i buy 10$

18. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

I refuse to think about the cost of keeping my lot as I may faint :blush:

19. saxa21

saxa21 PetForums Member

I buy monthly.

Wet Pouches (Royal canin) - £40 a month
    Catsan litter £10 a month or Bob Martin Clumping One £5 for 20kg bag from ASDA.

20. aella851

aella851 PetForums Junior

interesting thread, as i am researching cat food for when i get my kitten, I prob order in bulk to save some ££s.

angela :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice