Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How often do you all clean your houses?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by *WillsTillsBills*, Aug 2, 2009.

1. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Strange question I know! but having 3 bulldogs, I usually wash their beds either daily or every other day, as I think its cleaner for them all. Billy sleeps in the kitchen and the 2 youngest sleep in the living/dining room... as Billy is older, he prefers his quiet time, and likes to snooze through the day. I hoover and clean the kitchen and living room dailey, and mop twice a week. It feels like a mad house most of the time lol! I was just wondering... do you all do this? ohhh and we clean the garden daily sometimes twice a day.

Alllsooo what do you all do with the poos? at the moment before we moved into the house it was completly renovated, and we had a drain put in the garden that lead straight to the sewage pipe. That cost us alot of money but has been well worth every penny!! However we are looking to move to a bigger house with bigger garden and we wouldn't want to put another in as it cost so much. Sooo what do you all do?

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

You do much more cleaning than me ;)

Dog bedding gets washed when it looks or smells dirty - probably every couple of months.
    The dog's aren't allowed upstairs.
    One of my sofa's has a sheet thrown over so they are allowed on that sofa - the sheet gets washed about once a month and I shampoo the carpet once a month as well.

And poo just gets bagged and put in with the normal rubbish - I de-poop the garden everyday.

3. *WillsTillsBills*

Mmmm my friends say Im a nutter doing all this cleaning lol maaaaybe they are a little right, I had it in my head that this is what everyone does lol!

4. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

every single day, i have ocd when it comes to cleaning,i spend my days off cleaning,before and after work,i clean my parents house when i go home,i never wear clothes more than once,they get washed everyday whetehr they are dirty or not.

5. *WillsTillsBills*

Ahhhh you sound like me!! :)

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

House is deep cleaned usually once a week though I sweep/hoover/mop etc everyday because Sky sheds a lot. Bedding is washed around every week depending on how dirty they've managed to get it.

The leather settee is washed down every day :yesnod:

Poos are picked up twice daily if I'm out and as soon as I see them go if I'm in.

I shampoo the carpet every two weeks.

7. Oblada

Oblada Guest

God just talking about soo much cleaning tires me ;)

I hoover and mop everywhere or so every week normally.
    Dog beds get washed probably every 3-4 weeks or so - they rotate (he has like 4 or 5 beds lol I usually wash one or two at a time). And every month I spray some anti-flea thingy ;) as well just in case.
    Throw for the sofa gets washed every 3 weeks maybe (?) not sure...maybe more
    As for poo ; "de-poo" yard every day and it goes it a bin with have in the yard..and eventually in the big wheelie bin lol

Good on you for keepin such a tight cleaning schedule - god knows i would not be able to keep up lol but then 3 dogs is probably a bit different to just the one ;)

8. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Dog beds are changed once a week (they rarely go in them anyway). Hoover and mop once, maybe twice a day.

I always go outside with the boys so poo's are picked up as soon as they go. I have my own bin just for poo outside my back gate. This goes in the normal waste on bin day.

As they sleep on my bed, my pillow cases are changed daily, everything else every 3 days.

9. *WillsTillsBills*

I have to say I probably didn't clean this much in the winter...but they wern't shedding as much then. Mmmm we have a black leather sofa, and I neeeed to get a tro for it, because I clean it so much, everything shows up sooo much on it! Mmmm I lead a sad life, lol have a rota up, oh does upstairs and I stick to downstairs! That way he cleans the bathroom, (yucky)

10. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

There is more to life than cleaning - here is what I try to do.

I do stick the hoover around most days - but that's mainly because of the kids :rolleyes:
    The kitchen and conservatory floor get a going over twice a week.
    Dusting throughout once a week.
    Shampoo carpet in lounge/diner once a month
    Wash dog bedding as necessary
    Clean Kitchen as I go along - so it never really gets dirty
    Clean kitchen and conservatory floor twice a week
    Clean bathroom once a week - quick wipe down the rest of the week is enough
    Wash human towels and bedding once a week
    Cleaning windows- when I can't bear them looking this bad any more ;)
    The worse things in my house are dirty fingerprints around door handles and light switches but I can't blame the dogs for those :D

Then twice a year have a major spring clean :eek:

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My leather settee is cream :yikes: will definitely have to find a throw for it!

12. JuNeil

JuNeil PetForums Member

QUOTE=*WillsTillsBills*;849965]Strange question I know! but having 3 bulldogs, I usually wash their beds either daily or every other day, as I think its cleaner for them all. Billy sleeps in the kitchen and the 2 youngest sleep in the living/dining room... as Billy is older, he prefers his quiet time, and likes to snooze through the day. I hoover and clean the kitchen and living room dailey, and mop twice a week. It feels like a mad house most of the time lol! I was just wondering... do you all do this? ohhh and we clean the garden daily sometimes twice a day.

Alllsooo what do you all do with the poos? at the moment before we moved into the house it was completly renovated, and we had a drain put in the garden that lead straight to the sewage pipe. That cost us alot of money but has been well worth every penny!! However we are looking to move to a bigger house with bigger garden and we wouldn't want to put another in as it cost so much. Sooo what do you all do?[/QUOTE]
    Hiya,

I can totally understand how you have to keep on top of it as even with one bulldog, I need to hoover all the time! His moulting seems to have calmed down a bit recently but they just float about in the air and land on anything and everything. I wash his bed every 3-4 days. He doesn't go upstairs that often so at least its only downstairs for me that needs extra cleaning.

We poopscoop every day so I am sure with three it is a full time job. We are lucky enough to have a mains drain at the side of our house so we lift up the cover and it goes straight to the sewer like you said. You can actually buy lightweight plastic covers which make it an easier job. I can't lift up the metal one so my hubby has to do it until we get one - what a shame!

Bentley is worth all the extra work though:smilewinkgrin:

13. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

every day with two children, two fur shedding dogs and two fur shedding cats i have to lol

i hoover sometimes twice a day, wash the kitchen over like a 100 times as the cats use the kitchen window as a cat flap so like to make sure its clean before i do anything!

14. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I hoover downstairs daily, sweep, swiffer & mop the tiled floors downstairs on a daily basis although sometimes have to mop twice a day! Also wipe over the leather sofas daily - although they are brown :)
    Both dog beds get washed on a weekly basis
    Dog poo is picked up as they do it as I'm always in the garden with them
    Thorough dusting at least once a week upstairs and down
    Bathroom and kitchen cleaned daily
    Upstairs hoovered twice a week - neither myself, my son or the dogs spend much time up there!

15. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Don't have time - I'm always on here.:D

Classyellie likes this.
  16. *WillsTillsBills*

Sometimes I really do wonder how we all have enough hours in the day lol

17. JuNeil

JuNeil PetForums Member

Know what you mean - this site is addictive!

Tigerneko likes this.
  18. Gil3987

Gil3987 PetForums Senior

Tell me about it, i get in from work(full time monday to friday) take the dog for a walk, hoover while he is lyin quiet, mop the kitchen floor(everywhere else is carpeted), clean the kitchen, make the dinner for Oh getting in he has just started his own business, then sit down and do any paper work for the business that day, have a bath, OH takes Kai round the block and then i run him a bath then its bed time and i am up again, i dust every couple of days, clean the windows every week and change the bed every week and clean the bathrooms every 2 days.

god i am a sad case lol i am only 21 but my house has to be clean, I won't tolerate dirt :lol:
    Gill

19. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

was my dogs bed once a week,hoover everyday, must do atleast one was a day(clothes),clean kitchen as i go along spray it down 3-4times a day with anti bacterial spray(my cat spends most her time in there!)was our beds once a week too wipe down my tables an furnature everyday...my bedroom is a shambles lol its a mess with clothes but its the only room thats a mess and plus no one goes in there so its ok lol!! i think thats it for me!!
    oh bathroom once a week! dishes everyday, the garden need to clean that up its hard tho coz its not all my dogs as i live in a flat down stairs have a dog too!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice