Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How often do puppies poop?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Amelia66, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Amelia66

Amelia66 PetForums VIP

Ok so since we have had Scully she has pooped alot as she had a really runny tummy i think due to the car journey and the stress of moving home. Its also been really runny but over the day or so we have had it i have noticed it has got firmer. this moning when i got up it looked almost normal dog poop consistancy, but since then she hasnt pooped. There was alot of poop this morning and since she has been drinking, peeing and running around as normal showing no signs she is uncomfortable. I have tried gently rubbing her belly as i was told this may help to stimulate her but nothing as yet.

Should i be worried? should she be pooping more than this? obviously if it continues into tommoro i will be taking her to the vets but i just wanted some advice on if its normal and what i can do to help?

Also she is on the same food she was with the breeder, and had her last dose of panacur this morning i dont know if that may have had an effect?

2. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

Has she had anything to eat since the last time she pooped?

3. Amelia66

Amelia66 PetForums VIP

Yes she has been munching away as usuall.

4. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

I would just monitor the situation, normally worm treatment gives them the runs but if she emptied herself in the morning she's probably working on the next installment :eek:

Our pup didn't really poo that much , he's 19 weeks old and only goes 2/3 times a day :)

5. MrsGiggles

MrsGiggles PetForums Senior

Bernie is 12wks and he poos about 3-5 times a day

6. Amelia66

Amelia66 PetForums VIP

Seems the little tinker just likes to worry me, woke up to a huge pile of poop.

i mean she is tiny ..... where is she storing it all! :eek: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice