Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How Naive am I??!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Clodge, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clodge

Clodge PetForums Member

Gosh - what a week, first tight eating and now apparently we've stumbled across a walk where the gay community 'congregate'!!! I know need to wait for the third thing to happen!

Mind you my sister said that there were a few men loitering at Brockets Wood in Herts and when we went yesterday I naively said they were probably men coming home from work and just stopping to stretch their legs but no -saw many loiterers last night :eek: - I've rung the gamekeeper and the local police and apparently it's well known for the gay community but apparently 'we're safe as we're the wrong sex'!! Oh well, life's okay then I've just been told to change my walk to avoid them - I'm sure it's a public footpath!!

2. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

We were driving up Strathclyde Park once when we stumbled across a dogging car park! :scared:

He thought it was funny till he looked around and saw it was all guys haha!
    One of them tried to approach the car - ive never seen him drive so fast :lol:

3. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Theres a beach by us where they meet alot of dog walkers go down there and stumble across them :) should'nt stop you from walking your dogs around there though!! Just say oh sorry or excuse me :D

4. Clodge

Clodge PetForums Member

Honestly I feel a right muppet - I honestly thought as they were in suits they were stretching their legs. Obviously stretching alot more than I realised!

5. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

6. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

:lol::lol::lol: - sorry, but I can't stop laughing... bless you!

8. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

PMSL now if you didn't have a dog just think what a sheltered life you would lead. :lol:

9. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

There is actually a site on the net i stumbled across looking for places to walk bobby that tells you all the best places to go.... Its not so nice me and the OH had an experience like yours as well i was laughing at him so much it was unbelievable.

*Kara*

10. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

AND YOUR PROBLEM WAS??????????/:confused::rolleyes:

Spellweaver likes this.
  11. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Well said Janice! I agree and am sending some rep your way!

12. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

There is a gay meeting point in one of the woods we go to and I do feel safer there than i would in a normal wood. Never seen anything untoward and never seen anythign i shouldn't (although that may change after dark :eek6:) but most of the guys are very friendly.

What does annoy me is a TINY minority of the guys have made a comment and one hissed at my friend and caled her something not nice to which we had something to say - the woods is for EVERYONE to respect eachother as fellow users. And they leave far more 'mess' at least we pick up after ourselves as dog walkers.

But don't really have any problems with it and even a giggle at the odd chap who tells us he has lost his dog... er no you haven't we know exactly why you are here and we couldn't give a stuff!!

13. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

My understanding was, this kind of thread was not allowed on this forum.How sad some people are.:(
    I reported it and nothing has been done.:mad:

14. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

I'm confused :confused1:

What kind of thread isn't allowed ? Are people not allowed to voice an opinion on stumbling through a 'dogging' site when out walking their dogs ?

TBH I'd be just as peed off if I came across a straight couple doing the dirty in a public place... it's not about being gay, I have no problem with gay people but I do think there is a place for everything and public displays of this nature are just wrong... IMHO (which counts for nothing :rolleyes:)

Actually, to put this into perspective, how would you feel if you stumbled across your son/daughter behaving in this manner whilst you were out walking your dog ? Or if a neighbour or friend had and reported it back to you ?

#14 shazalhasa, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  15. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

Well I don't really get it to be honest. People regardless of their preference are allowed to be in public places now if any of these people regardless of relationship preferences are doing something illegal call the police that is why they are there. I'm closing this as I think it's biased against certain people....Jill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice