UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bronson is costing me a fortune :eek:
Look at the remains of this large stag bar!!! He has only had it for a few days :sneaky2:

And then this morning, I gave him his knew tug toy. He had it for half an hour while I hoovered up, upstairs :eek:

This pup is costing me a bloody fortune :blushing:
How long do toys last for your pooches?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Dexter has just srated to get the stuffing out of one of his toys hes had it for about a month!!! his tug toy is massive though cost about £20 so i doubt many pups would destroy it! lol

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
I think we've lost the arm on a fluffy blue cat and had the eyes chewed of a bird (which is actually a cat toy so not designed for dogs to chew!). Other then that every toy they own is in pristine condition!:)
The blue fluffy bone I got Adam as his first puppy toy 4 years ago is still dragged out often but generally my lot just have a little throw around and mouth their toys then prefer to use them as a comfy pillow!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I tend to buy toys from Poundland as Bo can destroy rope tuggers in a matter of minutes. I actually woke up this morning wondering why my bed was covered in little bits of rope until I remembered that I'd given her a large rope ball before bed :confused:. It's the only way I can keep her happy without spending a fortune. She also loves to surgically pull apart stuffed toys and eat the stuffing so my sewing skills are getting better every day.

But on the other hand, she's only made a small dent in the stag bar I got her months ago, she also has a bone shaped calcium thing (I have no idea what it is but it's very solid, white and shaped like a bone and normally gets dropped on my toes:eek:), that has been barely worn down in several months.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rope is one of the huge ones with four knots in it!!! His last one lasted him about a month, but he only had this one half an hour :eek:
Glad I'm not the only one who has destructive pooches :001_tt2:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
oh dear - they do love to destroy things along with our bank accounts.

with the stag bar - they are expensive and my 2 love them so i went on ebay put in antler and got a 32" complete antler untreated which you have to make sure of for £20, hubby then sawed it into 3 massive stag bars each one is about 3 times the size of the large ones.

Was a great money saver and will continue to do it that way.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i don't bother buying actual dog soft toys anymore as she just eats them, she just gets a human soft toy out of the loft and is supervised while she shreds its face up and rips the stuffing out (takes about half an hour) then she's left with a sort of corpse which then doesn't need to be destroyed any further! as for anything made of rubber, lasts like a week tops, and rope toys she likes to destroy most of it, but leave just enough to play with.. so it depends on how much of it she destroys :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I don't let my dog play with toys on her own, but if I did she'd destroy them as soon as possible. But some toys are of course tougher than others. Tennisballs doesn't last long even if we only use toys for training, but her kongs seem to be indestructible (they get lost more often than she destroys them, anyway). I won one of these
yesterday and I hope it'll be longlasting, but she's not going to play with it on her own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.