Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How much to feed??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mindymoo, Aug 2, 2009.

1. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

Getting my pup on Sunday lil jack russell. The lady has her on pedigree puppy at mo which i will be slowly taking her off, she will be going onto arden grange. Went and bought the pedigree puppy pouches but unsure how much to feed her, four times a day but how much??? Help appreciated xxx

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Most puppy food has guidance on how much to feed based on the expected full grown weight of the dog. You should be able to find this on the packet.
    Divide by 4 and that's what each meal should be.

PS congratulations on the new PUP - you do know pictures are the law don't you

3. mindymoo

Eeeek how will I know what the expected weight will be, I presume straight to the vets when she comes home?? Really not happy about her being on pedigree but thats something that can be sorted with time.

Yeah I know pictures are law and I will probably bore you to death with them lol...be warned :blushing:

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

JRT's are normally 14-18lb.
    Unless she is a miniature and they weigh approx 10lb
    Ask the breeder how much mum and dad weigh that should give you an idea.
    Hope that helps.

I look forward to seeing the pictures. She looks so sweet in your avatar

5. mindymoo

Awww Im getting really confused by the directions on the packet am I being thick or what??? Think I will just pop in the vets this week and ask, have to take my hammie in anyhoo :blushing:

6. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

lol i'm as bad mine have a mug full per day which should be ample for your little one split into 4 portions

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice