UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to cats in the household and haven't got the foggiest idea when to increase Nutz and Bolts food.

They are over 6 months old and have Aldi's wet with a handful of kibble in their bowls each day, between the pair they eat 1 tin of food a day.

I had them weighed on Monday and the vet wasn't helpful in letting me know how much they should eat.

They each weigh 2.5 kilo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tinned food is a standard tin 400g which the pair share.

Just measured the kibble and they get 25g each.

I vary their type of cat food they get. They turned their nose up to felix!

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Aldi's own brand - rabbit & turkey, salmon, beef & chicken and chicken
I tried to look at the website and there are no feeding recommendations, are there any on the packaging.

I don't feed dry so can't picture what 25grms is, but how do you know they are eating an equal amount.

Is there any chance you could reduce the dry and increase the wet food as it will be better for them in the long run. How many wet meals do they get a day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing on packaging at all, i give them quarter a tin in the morning, dry about 12ish depending on how quickly they've eaten their morning feed and the rest of the tin at 4ish.

When they're starving they miaow wildly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Depends on if they have eaten their food. I do put a little kibble for them if they've finished by 8.00

Tonight they will be starved after 8.00 as they're being microchipped and neutered!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Have you tried other foods? Geoffrey will leave food for a while if he's not keen on it and eat it when he's starving. Also supper is a good idea as it sounds like they need more food. Finally... What breed are they?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sorry I didn't get back to you as i don't know what breed they are!!!!!!!!!!

I think Nutz and Bolt are some form of Bengal Cross cats as they have tabby markings too, Bolt the blue/grey has white all underneath her. Nutz has some white on her.

As i am fairly new to cats they're given half a tin of cat food in the morning (split into 2 dishes) yesterday they were weighed Nutz was 2.47kg, Bolt was 2.42kg.

Age is uncertain as the woman we got them from didn't make sense! She told us 8 weeks ago they were 5/6 months old and vets couldn't ascertain themselves as to how old they are either!

They get a handful of VitaCats (Aldi) kibble roughly 25g depending if they've eaten all of their food up.

Because they've been spayed yesterday they're not getting any tinned cat food till 2moro

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When they returned from vets they had 1st pouch.

They were pampered last night with roast chicken and a little gravy.

Breakfast was the pouch from the Vets, Dinner the remaining roast chicken (stored in fridge in a tub) and this afternoon they had tuna flakes which went down nicely!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes they were fed last night and today they appetite's did wain this morning!

As for the Bengal Cross someone mentioned it at the vets! They are extremely full of energy come 9.00 in the evening. Have a look at the album

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.