Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how much to feed puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by taylrt, Apr 26, 2011.

1. taylrt

taylrt PetForums Junior

Oscar, 7 week old west home Highland terrier who just came home to us on Thursday. He is as bright as a button and into everything. just not sure how much to feed him. His breeder had him on skinners field and trial puppy which we have decided to stay with but not sure how much to give him. He is on four meals per day and I give him approx 70gr per day softened with warm water. Is this enough as he seems to be wanting more.

Also he is up every 2/3 hrs during night. How long does tnd this last. It's been a long time since my otgher dog was puppy.

I think I forgot how much hard work they can be. But he is wonderful. |Would appreciate any help with this pup as want to get it all right for him.
    thanks

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Ah another Westie puppy! :thumbup: Congrats :)

Skinners is a good food and it's great to see a breeder feeding good quality foods. You're right to be giving him 4 meals at this age. I had a look online and it looks like Skinners recommend feeding 80-185g (assuming he's under 3kg). That's a pretty wide margin, but maybe the 70g you are giving him isn't quite enough. Sorry I can't remember how much I fed at that age.

He should learn to settle during the night once he is used to living with you although he will need to toilet during the night for a little while yet. Where does he sleep?

And we NEED pictures!!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice