Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How much running (for me)

Discussion in 'Dog Agility and Flyball' started by Polimba, May 6, 2010.

1. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

When Zimba our Ridgeback is old enough I'd like to do some agility with him. We've done some puppy safe taster agility at our training class and he loved it.

About 18 months ago I fell from a horse and broke my hip (snapped the ball bit off the top of my femur). It has screws in and I have no problems now. I was told not to do anything high impact e.g. running, tennis etc for a couple of years.

How much running is involved in an agility course for a handler? I don't think small amounts of jogging will hurt, I think they meant not to run miles. Also Zimba is only 7 months now so it'll be getting on for two years after the accident when we can start.

2. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

surprised no-one has answered this yet.

well it dependshow good your dog is.:D good handlers can just point to jumps etc and the dog will go.... they just stand in the middle (ive seen it done its ace)!

but realistically if you have to run... then if more twisting and turning as its a lot of body language.... especially with the newbies.

I had trouble keeping up with my dog (at home she goes like a rocket)...so yeah you have to run quick to start with then hope to progress to less running/twisting once your dog gets it...

try it... :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice