UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am a new member, I have a 14 week old Maine Coon kitten called Inka. I have had her 2 weeks and she is happily eating Felix as good as it looks kitten pouches and Iams dry (as she was with her breeder). Having read all the threads re feeding on this site I am convinced she needs to be on an all wet diet. I am at home everyday so there is no issue with food being left out.
I don't however think the felix is good enough, as is so often reccomended on here I have looked on zooplus and think that feeding a better quality diet is doable if I buy in bulk, but I am unsure how much better food she needs to be eating. Can anyone advise whether animonda carny and Bozita chunks in jelly are suitable for kittens and how much she would need to eat each day?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Firstly, the feeding recommendation for kittens is to feed as much as they'll eat. They need their grub to grow!

The Animonda is fine for kittens, as is Bozita. Personally I don't like the stuff in gravy/jelly as you're paying for less meat and more water and I'd rather add a bit of that when I serve it, rather than pay for it. I sometimes buy the Bozita pate in tins though. Grau is good stuff from Zooplus as well, but a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi,
I feed my kitten a rotation of grau, AC, Bozita and highlife. he usually has 4-5 small meals a day and must roughly eat around 300g. he's a little piggy at the moment as I think he's having a growth spurt and never stops running around lol...he would eat non stop if I let him :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You, I have ordered some of both those brands and will see how she takes to them. I think it will actually work out about the same cost as the Felix considering what she eats at the moment and hopefully she'll be healthier.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
What Janeff says - ditch your plan to feed Bozita in those tetrapaks and use the tins. However, I would also second the suggestions to look at Grau.

However, before you go crazy, see how your kitten takes to pate food. So, perhaps start off with one brand first, introduce that new texture and once that is eaten well, get some other brands to use in a rotation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you, I have ordered both in tins. Even if Inka doesn't take to it between my mum's cats and neighbours cats I am sure it will be eaten. I may try some grau next time, the other one that grabbed my attention was cosma but I haven't read about that so didn't bother.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.