Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

How much is this horse worth

Discussion in 'Horse Health and Nutrition' started by Summer26, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Summer26

Summer26 PetForums Newbie

the horse I'm interested in buying is a 7yr old cob/Clydesdale. She recently had a cart accident that resulted in her having nerve damage in her front left leg, which has now led to back pain due to over compensating for her leg. I've spend so much time with this horse and would hate for her to be sold to the wrong home where someone wouldn't put in the correct time and effort for her recovery. The physio that I have been in contact with said that with lots of physio sessions when and if the mare recovers would only do light work (ideally what I want anyway). I was just wondering how much this horse would be worth
    Thank you

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Really, she isn't worth anything.

By that, I mean no money should change hands. She has problems which will require expensive treatment and which will always limit what she is able to do.

If she were mine, I would be more than happy for someone to give her a kind and loving home.

It would be very wrong of the owner to expect anyone to take on that responsibility and pay for the privilege.

O2.0 likes this.
  3. Summer26

Summer26 PetForums Newbie

Thank you for your help :)

#3 Summer26, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Rafa likes this.
  4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

I'd say the same as Rafa. If you've been involved in this horse for a long time, and you want to 'buy' it as the owner wants rid, I'd ask the owner to gift the horse to you. You could pay a nominal fee of £1 and write a receipt so that the horse is 'yours' but I wouldn't be paying much at all for a horse that sounds as though it's going to be a long and expensive recovery.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice