Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How much for a visit to the groomers?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by TabbyRoad, Aug 11, 2009.

1. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

How much on average does anyone pay for the groomers? The hairdressing thread prompted this :D

We pay central London prices of course :cursing: but I'd be curious what everyone else pays and what you get for your money.

We pay £90 for a 2 hour visit. She is the size of a small labrador and has a thick fleece non-shedding coat. It takes at lest 2 hours to wash, cut, trim nails and defuzz her ears. I think it's worth it alone for the ear bit. I have never been able to do it to her because she knows I'm nervous as I hate the thought of plucking such a sensitive area.

2. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

We do ours our self good job really at them prices..would cost us a rather a lot to have our lot done at a groomers!:eek:

#2 DevilDogz, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
  3. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

I pay £35 for about 2-3 hours, which is a complete shave all over, wash, anal glands, ears etc. This is in Greater London. I know of another groomer (again in Greater London) that charges £25 for a complete wash and groom.

4. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Im with you on the ear plucking, just cannot do it and Pippin knows too!

We live in the Isle of Man, and Pippin is a 4kg toy poodle x cavalier. She takes about an hour to have her coat cut, nails trimmed and ears plucked and it costs us £25.

5. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Wow that seems steep.:eek: Our groomer charges £27 for wash, cut, nails trimmed and ears plucked and also takes two hours. Yes I like the fact our new groomer does his ears now too as he won't let me anywhere near them. :laugh:

6. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Cheeko is £25 for everything but as the weeks go on he starts to look like a bishon because she doesn't really cut his head very poodley. Blu is free to get done for now. Once I've got the hang of doing it then all I need to pay is the price for clippers etc and it's free :D Would never do Cheeko myself because I'd be worried about hurting his cysts.

7. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I wish Mabel was like that in a way. The hardest part is she is so damn trusting. She lies on her side, I flop the ear over and she almost falls asleep thinking "My mummy would NEVER hurt me so I'll have a little doze" only to be rudely awoken by now evil cow mummy ripping hairs out of her very sensitive ears.

I was scratched off her Christmas card list that day but was put back on after she was given a dried venison ear. All is forgiven if there are treats in the equation :D

8. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Oh I love doing it but as soon as I lift his ear flap up he's off.. :lol: If you get a bit of groomers chalk on your finger and thumb the hair comes out really easily.

9. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I heard Thornit (sp?) powder is supposed to be very good. I might try it again but would rather she didn't hate me for life for inflicting pain.

10. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Thats the price we pay for each of ours.:D:D

11. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I pay £25 for Monty. The groomer we have now is lovely and cuts him exactly the way I ask her to, which is worth the money by itself.

12. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

I think its a great price! Great service too though which is what is important.

13. Ozziewas

Ozziewas PetForums Newbie

We have two Westies. I drop them off at 9am and collect them at 11.15am and it cost me £44 for both of them - we are in Hertfordshire.

14. bird

bird PetForums VIP

£28 for cocker spaniel including ears and manicure :D the time between drop off and pick up is about the 2hr mark. This seems the average price in Staffordshire

15. Vikegirl

Vikegirl PetForums Junior

The breeder we are getting Boo from also runs a grooming parlour with his wife, he will charge us £22 to do her including ears and...anal glands (where's the vomiting emoticon) etc etc. He'll also do her the first time for free as she's "one of his" :)

16. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I have always done my standard poodles but it does my back in so recently tried a groomer for my old standard. She was there for about 2 hours, came out looking beautiful and it cost £45. The miniature is £20. I will do face and feet inbetween but think it might be worth getting them done there to save my back and my clipper blades.

17. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I'd love to even have a clue where to start clipping Mabel myself. I kow she would much prefer it but I think she would end up having to wear a little cardigan to hide the bald patches.

18. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

my girls were just done today. its £90 to get all three done. my groomer is teaching me how to clip and scissor them myself, so she lets me come in and help.

19. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

:D £25 for full groom, nails, bum, ear's etc etc. Thats picking her up from the house and bringing her back again. She dont charge for the plaster's she uses on her fingers after doing my dogs ears. loololololololol

20. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

£25 for everything for Mika.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice