UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ferris and Isaac seem to eat constantly. They go through 4 200g tins of Carny Kitten and a couple of handfuls of Applaws dry kitten food every day between them. Is this about right for a pair of healthy 5 month old kittens?
I want them to have all they need but I do seem to be feeding them awfully often and I don't want to make them unhealthy.
Ferris has tiny skinny legs with a pot belly, Isaac the tiny runt of the litter is a big lad with super thick short fur and they do both seem healthy to my eyes. (and gorgeous! Love my tabby boys)

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
What is the brands feeding recommendations ?

So they are having about 400grms plus some dry a day, think most would say feed as much as they will eat.

I would drop the dry if you can :)

·
Banned
353 Posts
Feed as much as they'll eat up until around 14 months. I wouldn't drop the dry - it's a convenient food, and if there is an emergency, at least you'll know that you'll be able to leave enough food down for a day or so and they'll have something they're used to eating. And it's not as if it's making up a significant enough amount of their diet to be a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.