Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How much does your guinea pig eat?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Doggiesrule100, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Doggiesrule100

Doggiesrule100 PetForums Member

Ok so I know on average, how much to feed my guinea pig, and he's a very healthy weight. How much does everyone else feed theirs? I just want to compare it :p

2. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Mine get unlimited hay, their food bowl for their nuggets gets changed every day, they don't normally eat all of those. I also give mine veg in the morning and the evening x

3. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

A lot of it depends on what food you are feeding and what you are supplementing each diet with.

For example: I have 7 guineas, in spring / summer they are out eating grass when it has the most freshness and nutrition, in the evening they are back in with their hay. They have a small handful of pellets but these are barely touched.
    The rest of the year they will have more pellets and hay as the grass is pretty useless, this means a small handful per piggy.

I have had guineas for years, you get the knack of how much to feed :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice