Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how messy is your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by clayton1985, Sep 20, 2013.

1. clayton1985

clayton1985 PetForums VIP

I love the bones of Lester, he really has taken a massive part of my heart, more so than any dog iv owned before but he is by far the most messy dog iv ever owned aswell. Dont get me wrong i knew what i was letting myself in for when i got a dogue de bordeaux but he is a messy bugger lol...........this dog gets slobber everywhere, fur everywhere, paw prints on everything, smells if left to his own devices and pretty much trashes everything in sight.....im really quite house proud so seem to be always cleaning, do any of you own a mucky pup:rolleyes5:

2. Labrador Laura

Labrador Laura PetForums VIP

Mylo is only messy with his hair and sometime he shakes mud up my walls but other than that he's pretty clean :D

Zab on the other hand , White hairs EVERYWHERE , Slobber on clothing,furniture and all over the rear bumper of my car :rolleyes: Muddy paw prints on the window sills and my cream chair. And he's the messiest eater !

3. clayton1985

SNAP......i actually found a drool hanging off the ceiling the other day, i dont know how he does it, and his drool stains, i actually have downstairs clothes now, that i dont mind getting ruined as otherwise everything just gets DOGUED:yikes:

4. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Slobber is the bane of my life - a Neo, a Bernese and a Newfie - and all particularly slobbery examples of their breeds! :yikes: I've had to wipe it off the ceiling on more than one occasion and oh my god - when they drink! Tidal wave of water and slobber cascades across the kitchen floor and lies innocently in wait, ready to make the next unsuspecting person slip and almost break their neck!

And then the hair! Bernese and Newfies blow their coats twice a year - the first six months, and the last six months. Any slip up on grooming or hoovering and we'd disappear under a thick black carpet. Their thick black fluff balls are complemented by the prickly stubbly offerings from Jake and Blue, and Alfie throws a few of his wispy white ones in for good measure. No surprise that hoovers normally burn out within a year!

Oh and then there is the mud. Living in the countryside... 5 dogs... 20 paws = mud, mud and more mud!

Good I'm retired really... cleaning up after them is a full time job :D They're clean and tidy dogs really, it's just the hair and the slobber!

5. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

the small dogs are pretty clean hardly shed, dan makes the most mess with his toys, he can't get one out to play with, he hasto get them all out :rolleyes:

lexington on the other hand is a messy git, sheds 24/7 slobbers when he drinks gets food everywhere but i still love the big git :)

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Mine are both pristine sorts of dogs really, always cleaning themselves!! They don't shed a lot - I get muddy paw prints on the kitchen floor in winter but that's about it. I'm lucky I think...touch wood!!

7. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

My girls are great. No shedding in the case of one and minimal shedding in the other. No slobber. Smell nice. Bo does make a bit of a mess with her water, but she has a beard so that can't be helped.

Dexter on the other hand sheds profusely. He also has a naturally oily, smelly coat, which means that anywhere he lies gets whiffy and dirty quickly.

8. clayton1985

this just made me laugh so much as its completely true....Lester although short coated manages to get his hair in everything, iv had more than one slip on slobber, my daughter runs for cover with her new clothes when he has had a drink, hoover is serviced every month and on my side instead of mud its sand, i hate sand!!!!!......but Lester loves it, judging by the amount he brings home with him everyday....does make my heart melt still when he bombs into the sea an still looks so happy :001_wub:

9. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I think I'd almost prefer it if mine didn't clean themselves... Ozzy in particular is always at it, but being the slobber-gob that he is, he only succeeds in further smothering himself in slobber. :rolleyes: He gets right into it - licking his paws and then doing the giant cat impression pawing at his ears, the works - gives himself quite an impressive mohawk sometimes actually! :lol:

Blue is just as bad - and the noise he makes!! Makes my stomach turn. A proper sloppy slurpy sound - bleurgh! :eek:

Ah well... at least they don't smell. I can cope with messy, shedding, slobbery dogs - but not stinking ones! :D

10. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

This thread was just created for my Blade! He came in from the yard yesterday after digging a hole and put two muddy paw prints down my cream wall behind the sofa and then howled at me!

[​IMG]

My hoover never goes away as he is constantly shredding something , or dragging something in from outside. Glad I am not house proud as I picked the wrong dog!! Lol

11. clayton1985

i expected nothing less off sir kilo but the bog monster i thought might of turned to the dark side lol

12. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

I don't think Tia's too messy, it's all ojective though I'm sure someone who didn't like dogs would think it's horrendous!
    She's not slobbery, but she does dribble water across the floor every time she has a drink! She sheds quite a lot, her hair is short so it's not too bad but it gets everywhere, even in rooms she barely goes in lol and if she gets muddy/rolls in poo and needs a bath then she usually jumps out before I've finished and shakes, splattering mud and water all over the bathroom :p.

13. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Couple of days worth of Lab shedding....

[​IMG]

Probably a good advert to put people off LOL.

14. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

The bog monster is only a bog monster outside :D.

15. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

That just proves what I said about it being objective, I just said Tia sheds "quite a lot" but I doubt it's anything like that :eek: :lol:. Rather puts it into perspective, I can't even imagine what a properly fluffy dog is like!

16. clayton1985

as we speak, we have just had a takeaway an Lester has managed to cover every box in slobber to the point it dropped off one of the boxes onto the floor:shocked:..cheers mate, il clean that up later lol

17. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

Don't even get me started on shedding and fuzzballs! :yikes:

Even my cob webs are full of husky hair when I dust them down

18. CaliDog

CaliDog Greedy Mummy Bear!

Cali is a clean kind of pooch apart from the hair I find hair everywhere, I have to hoover all the time :thumbdown: :laugh:

19. finleyjon

finleyjon PetForums Senior

My two boys are very clean. Luna the cat, on the other hand, is the messiest member of this household.

20. Grace Bob

Grace Bob PetForums Senior

#20 Grace Bob, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice