Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How many years.....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kaz, Jan 27, 2008.

1. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

How many years have you been keeping dogs?

Our family had a cocker spaniel but I wouldn't say that he was mine.
    When we got married my OH and I bought ourselves a Scottish Deerhound puppy and we have kept dogs ever since (that's 27 years:rolleyes:). The first pup was soon followed by others and the lowest number we have kept since that time has been 4 and the highest was 12:)

2. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

I was brought up with dogs we had a german Shep cross when i was young then a boxer After i married we have had dogs for the last 30 years , mainly labs, bearded collies, and german sheps, also crosses. i dont think i could be without a dog now , the house was very empty after my last went to rainbow bridge.

3. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

I was brought up with dogs too as my parents were breeders but I have been doing it on my own now for 15 years. :)

4. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I have always had dogs from a kid and never been without them, I bought my firts dog at 15 (with my parents help of course) a little chihuahua girl named Tira, the love of my life (she had epilepsy:() I bought a border collie with my OH over 13 years ago and hes still with us today, we now have 4 dogs and cant imagine ever being without them :)

5. garryd

garryd Guest

my dad and his dad all had english bull terriers ,so i have been looking at those long faces:( for as long as i can remember :D!

6. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

I got my first dog (golden retriever) aged 11..after years of nagging and shoving notes under my parents bedroom door :D , he passed away 4 years ago :( . I got my very own dog once i had left school aged 16 (a rescue as a local gamekeeper was going to shoot her :eek:) she was a collie x ESS called 'fee.

My kids havent had to nag like i did...quite the opposite, we tend to get " not another dog/cat" from our kids LOL!!! :D

Im now known at the kids school as ' that woman with all those dogs and kids' :eek::D.

Ang x

7. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

I was born into a long line of people who judge dogs, show dogs and breed dogs....so it kinda runs in the family - never known life without being surrounded by dogs :)

8. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I've kept eng bulls for nearly 24 years, i actually have a picture of me when i was very young with our first ebt, i look like a right site for sore eyes :D .The dog we had then was massive and gorgeous tho, So that was a bonus in the pic lol.

9. carol

carol PetForums VIP

oh god must be over 35 years with owning a dog or dogs

10. nici

nici PetForums Senior

ive had dogs in my life for the last 23 years brought my first when i was just 15:D

11. claire

claire Guest

im 22 and in all my life ive had 6 weeks without a dog in my life when i lived at home my mum and dad had labradors the first one was called kim and died when i was 11 mum said she would never have another, i came home from school 2 weeks later to find penny who was 6 months old and a failled gundog.my mum and dad lost penny last year. A few weeks after my partner and i got cassie and we sort of share her! if we go out and cant take her my mum and dad babysit lol and if they are going out anywhere for a walk they fetch her she is spoilt

12. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Don't evennnnn ask rofl, i'ld scare ya all away for sure.

Oh and i will correct my last post, I have owned ebt's myself for 24 years but have been bought up all my life with dogs, german shepherd, a rough collie, jack russells cairn terriers and half breeds .
    if i find the picture of me and our rough collie ill post it lol, Give u all a good laugh, i dig the shoes on my feet :O ohhh bruvva.

13. Fade to Grey

Fade to Grey PetForums VIP

12 years. but my mum had a dog when i was small but he lived with my nan.

14. Angelicats

Angelicats PetForums Junior

Hi everyone,
    I was born and bred into the dog world over 40 years ago, doing either showing, training or breeding. But how mostly doing healing work on dogs with the use of reiki.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice