Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How many times have you moved home?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by classixuk, May 26, 2010.

1. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

I was inspired by another thread where a poster was asking for advice on different areas of England.

How many times have you moved home (from being a kid to present day), and which areas have you lived in? Maybe name your favourite place too. Count them up!

I've moved home (let me count them up here)....25 times (29 if you include the 4 different cruiseships I lived on for 2 years from the age of 18-20).

In the UK though, I've lived in Gateshead, Newcastle, North Shields, Washington, Durham, Somerset, Cardiff, Oxford, Leeds, Liverpool and Hull.
    Abroad...well, I lived on cruiseships, so whilst each ship itself was my home, the location changed everyday! Too many locations to mention I guess. LOL

My favourite place to live in the UK though is a tie between Somerset and Durham.

What about you guys?

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Erm...

I was born in Holland, then we moved to Shetland Islands, then to Bedford, then to Kingston Park in Newcastle and then Ponteland outside Newcastle. So we've moved 4 times, I've lived in 5 houses. Even though I don't really remember the Shetland Islands, I want to live there in the future and have some dogs there. I think it's beautiful there and all my family think I would suit the island life :D

3. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Strange you say that Inca's mum...as soon as I saw that you had lived in the Shetland Isles, I thought "Wow". That's my idea of heaven. Just a nice relaxed pace of life, beautiful landscapes and sitting in front of a fire on a cold dark evening with my dogs. I think they call it getting out of the rat race.
    I hope you get to achieve your dream!

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Moved around to different houses 6 times in Pembroke Dock, then moved to Methyr, moved around 3 times there, then moved to Cwmbran and moved around there 3 times to my home now, should of had a caravan, I love Devon and would love to live down there.

5. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Between the ages of 16 until i was 30 i moved 11 times.:( I've lived in this house 30 years.:D

6. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ermm from birth to 5 years old, i lived in Grimsby(Lincolnshire) and moved 4 times, then at 6 and half moved to the next town Cleethorpes (basicly the same place lol) i was there intill i was 18 then i got a flat with my OH, then moved to a house, then moved with OH's family in Lincoln, and now have our bungalow in Lincoln.

so thats a total of..... 9 times and im 25.

7. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Weird you say that! Despite me moving almost 30 times in my 32 years on the planet, I have spent the last 11 years living here in the same house, apart from when I moved out into rented while I had it refurbed.

We must be similar!

8. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

If i could afford it i would move to Wales in a flash,i just love the place.:D

9. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

when i wqas born i lived in a place called lostock in cheshire... moved from there when i was one and moved to the country,, lived there till i was 13 then moved to a town called northwich which is where im still living

10. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Ive moved 7 times and Im 37 so thats not too bad. Esp when 3 of them were student digs!
    Started in Kent then moved to Devon (dad worked in Chatham Dockyard and we moved when it closed) then we all moved back to Kent again!!:thumbup:

11. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

born in germany (came early when my mum went to see my dad as he was in the army then lol)
    went to andover till i was about 4yrs old- have lots of memories were lived it was fab
    then moved to plymouth been here ever since but have lived 5 times 3 of them have been since i was 18 and moved out. longest place ive lived was my parents house here and that was 13yrs :D

12. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

God I dread to think...rough guess around 20 or 25 times? I get itchy feet..been in this house for 4 years which is a miracle for me...although have been looking around recently!!!!:lol:

13. Muriel May

Muriel May Guest

I have moved 15 times in my 32 years of my life!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

Flamin heck.. i've only moved 4 times in 27 years :O

Lived at my nans when i was born until parents could get their own place when i was about 1, then moved around the corner until i was 7, moved back opposite my nans house and was there until i met my OH 2 1/2 years ago when i moved to brum.. and were looking at moving cos we hate the area.

15. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol:

16. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

whitnash from birth til i was 20
    leamington 20 - 21
    coventry 21 - now (26)

very boring

17. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

i live in tameside then glossop then tameside again then moved to oldham, then to wigan, then to stockport, then back to oldham then back to tameside then to followfield then back to oldham now i'm back in tameside (it's all greater manchester area) #

so in total 10 times, im only 21 lol!

18. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Once!! From my parents house where I lived for 18 yrs and I've been here 21 yrs :)

19. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Far too many! Lol

I moved twice with my family before I was old enough to remember it!
    Then another two times with my mum. (my dad has also moved 4 times since)
    I moved out of my mums up to glasgow and then moved another 4 times.
    Moved back home to my mums new house.
    Then out into my own place again, and moved accross town to be closer to stuff.
    Me and OH moved to here.

So that is 13 (17 if you count moving with my dad).

And we are moving tomorrow. That's the last one for a long time.

20. metame

metame PetForums VIP

ive never 'completely' moved...
    if you count all the bouncing between uni ive moved 10 times in the past 4 years.

before that just twice. once out and back again, but the only 2 places ive lived have been stirling and staffordshire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice