Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How many ringcraft classes??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Starlite, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

How many ringcraft classes did you take your pup to before you went to an actual show?

Im desperate to get in the ring but we've only been to 3 classes and Shorty is still quite hyper so I dont think she's ready

Reading DW this morning and sooo many shows she could enter :(

Was thinking about setting a date (she is deffo not ready for the Blackpool show) like the one in Arbroath on the 23rd of Sept, or do you think im leaving it too long?

Help people lol! x

2. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Two and it showed:(

3. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

When I was showing I started as soon as they had their vaccines and continued right through even while showing.

After 3 sessions I would have thought your dog would not be ready and both you and your dog would benefit from lots more practice but that doesn't stop you entering because that will be getting experience too.

4. Fuzzbugs!x

Fuzzbugs!x PetForums VIP

None :lol: & he got shortlisted in the puppy stakes of 50 odds under Frank Kane - this time last year actually, Hudson's first show Blackpool champ last year lol :p. We've now been going for about a year and they still don't always behave lol! xx

5. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

I know it might be an expensive exercise, but why not enter a couple?
    You can always take her along but not actually go in the ring, to give her some experience of what it's like to be at a dog show. And if you do feel ready by then, you could always have a go?

Starlite likes this.
  6. hawksport

hawksport Banned

The best ones to enter this time of year are the fun shows at £1 a go

7. Fuzzbugs!x

Fuzzbugs!x PetForums VIP

That exactly what we done lol - you never know she might surprise you! x

8. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

we were supp to go to Border Counties Show for a look and never got up till late - someone pressed the snooze button :rolleyes:

thanks for re-instilling my hope guys, im gonna have a look for a local companion show on soon and make an idiot of myself :lol:

she's so bloody bouncy and distracted but she could do with the experience xxx

9. leoti

leoti PetForums VIP

My eldest bitch is nearly 4 and has been shown since she was 6 months old , has attened regular ringcraft lessons and she can still be naughty in the ring , in my eyes you can never say never with a dog , some days she goes in the ring she the best behaved dog there other days i wish i had a paper bag for my head , just go for it i say :D

10. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

Could your trainer at ringcraft give you some guidance?

I took Zimba to one class when he was about four months and we didn't go back to that class (long story). We went to another class somewhere else and then he was ill, when he was better that class had disappeared - very bizarre. Anyway I took him to a class this week and he was a complete hooligan, with lots of 'oohh he's at that 'Kevin' stage' :lol:

We did a companion show a few weeks ago and he got first in Best Puppy. However he let himself down in Best in Show by trying to hump the collie to our left :scared:

Could you do some fun shows to see how she reacts in the ring?

11. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

We've had one ringcraft class and entered a fun show. Fun shows are best for starting, then open shows, then others.

12. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

When Indie was a puppy i took her to ringcraft every week from after her jabs until her first show. There was only 3 in puppy class and she was the worst behaved but still won the class. When we went into the challenge for best of breed the judge said "here comes the loony" she didnt get BOB but got best puppy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice