Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How many of you..........

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Luvdogs, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

keep in touch with your dogs breeder/s??? :)

Just interested to know, do you send regular updates and have regular contact etc?

My lab breeders were only interested in ££££ even though i sent pics and letters for the first few months i never heard anything back :rolleyes:.
    With Archie, I still keep in contact with his breeder, and she is interested to know what he is up to. We email probably once a month and see each other at shows etc.

2. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

is that archie in your photo hes lovely x

Luvdogs likes this.
  3. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I tried to keep in touch with the peoplw we had ours dogs from but they wernt interested

I keep in touch with people that have had pups and kittens from us. get loads of piccies too which is great

4. davehyde

davehyde Banned

yep we do, only spoke yesterday.

5. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Yep, i keep in touch with mine although not as often as i did now she is 3. Tends to be every couple of months with updates.
    My pups new owners stay in touch with me. i am slightly concerned about one of my pups as she seems to have decided to no longer stay in contact. Now they are six months she isnt responsive. My OH keeps telling me she bought the pup not me but i worry now :eek:

6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

If I was a breeder, i'd love to keep in touch with my pups owners! It'd be nice to see how they're growing up and what sort of life they have :)

What about people with rescues, have you ever been back to the rescue or updated them on your dog?

We took Ruby back to the pound yesterday so they could see how well she's looking and how happy she is.... but they weren't interested in the slightest :rolleyes:

...and I work for the rescue we adopted Tiger from so i'm always in touch with them :D

7. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I keep in touch with the pups that have gone from here but most of the dogs I have bought the breeders don't give a f..k !!

8. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

No that's Roxi :D :p

9. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

We sent photos and a quick update to Alfie's breeders the day after we had him and didn't get a reply even though they asked for updates! Won't bother again.

10. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I would have liked to keep in touch my our pups breeder but seems she wasn't interested. I emailed her a couple of times and I asked her if she had a picture of my pups mum because we got our pup from someone who had had her a week so we didn't get to see her mum or dad. The 'breeder' never bothered responding after that.:rolleyes:

I did keep in touch with my GSD's breeder for a little while after and she sent me a Christmas card but we lost touch - think she lost interest.

11. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

That is such a shame :(, it shows you care, but it must be a worry and to wonder if pups have gone to the right homes or not, I suppose you can only do your best :)

12. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

i keep in touch quite regularly with the breeders of my 9yr old husky, not so much with the breeder of 2 of my other huskies, i have regular contact with the my pups owner:)

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Yes I keep in touch with mine. I send them monthly emails with pictures, stories etc :yesnod:

14. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

Yes me too, I would be made up to get updates to see how they are getting on.
    You would think they would be over the moon to know that Ruby had landed on her paws with a great new home :rolleyes:.

15. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

well i have only had Bella two weeks and i have sent her breeder three emails already!!

She is really interseted so i think we will keep in touch!!
    I hope so anyway!

:)

16. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

i am sure she is ok but i have been surprised at how desperate i have become for contact. They were/are my babies and i want her back if there is any problem. The girl is young and i am sure the pup will now be absorbed into the family, they have another dog, but with pugs always being such a challenge as puppies i worry the novelty will wear off and she not come back to me. I watch her on facebook but she hasnt mentioned her for weeks. i hope she is ok :confused:

Just emailed her, we will see if she responds :(

17. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

The whippets breeder I ring every couple of weeks. We also meet up at shows when they are over here. We saw them only last saturday at the hound show. We make sure if we are at a show that they have come over for that we take enough sandwiches and tea and coffe for them too and make sure they have food for the journey home. They also bred William and she has conversations with him down the phone. They even gave us Holly as a christmas present last year.

Zoe's breeder works shifts so is hard to catch in but we occasionally meet up at shows and have spoken on the phone. We also have mutural friends and pass messages on that way.

The majority of out puppy owners contact us maybe a couple of times a year 1 of them emails at least a couple of times a week to let us know what her little monster has been up to that week. Others we see at shows and Millie lives with my mum so we see her regulary

18. rona

rona Guest

Even though Alfie is second hand :) I tracked down his breeder and now give her an update once a year

19. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

The 2 pups we brought, we sent photos, and e-mail ect, but never got a reply :( maybe too busy?

However we got Billy from the bulldog rescue, and when Ive needed help Tania has been able to help m and give me great advice :) I have sent them pictures, and we are atending the bulldog rescue picnic this year which is lovely!

20. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Yep mines on here :)

cant get away from her :001_tt2: i'd love to keep in contact if i ever had pups, but then i dont think i could as id want to keep them all lol then id never have to worry about contact as i'd have them all!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice