Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How many friends for lily?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by salemsparklys, Nov 9, 2012.

1. salemsparklys

salemsparklys PetForums Senior

Ok, with any luck I have found some female mice:D:D:D

Whats a good number to intro her too? She is in a Duna fun just now but I could get another cage if needed in a few weeks, I was planning to get her a Kios as well since the boys all have them now, plus i have 2 Duna minis spare that i could attempt to rig up something to join the cages together:confused:

2. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

A trio always does well, that means when one passes on the other has a friend and just an all round good number as if one doesn't want to play then the other might so works well.

I think the Duna Fun itself might be a bit small but attached to the other Duna(s) then it should work fine and give them different rooms to explore:)

3. salemsparklys

Yup the fun is way to small for more than one IMO, I was hoping to use a duna mini as a intro cage as if they are small they have no chance of escaping;) then possibly pick up a 4th Kios ( shhhh doint tell my husband;)) and then attach the fun to it since they both have tube holes which would give them floor space and climbing:)
    So should I look to get a pair of girls then or a trio so I end up with 4? I dont think Lily will be difficult to intro, shes a good little girl :)

4. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

I won't tell:p

Nothings better than a new cage! I think the Kios and the Duna Fun will be a good cage together for them. To make a trio get 2 girls but you could always get 3 and make it up to 4 if you wanted.

5. salemsparklys

Just need to work out if 4 would have enough space in the 2 cages together lol I will most likely end up with mice everywhere:laugh:

6. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

I only started with 4, ended up with 11 at one point:yikes:

They are great pets though so it wasn't my fault they all just needed to be here with me!

7. salemsparklys

Well, got the 3 boys and lily at the moment, thinking about finding some multis for the boys:), if I get another 3 friends for Lily that brings me to 7, so I might need to round that up a little:laugh:

8. salemsparklys

Ok, found someone selling females, they have 4:eek: I really only wanted 2 or 3, but I dont want to leave one girl alone if I took 3 and I would worry about the 2 I left behind being split up and they asked if I would take all 4:eek:

So, me being me I have said yes I will take all 4:rolleyes: So, should I split them into a trio and a pair?, keep all 5 together? They would have to live in the Duna fun for a week or 2 till I buy a Kios and then I planned to connect the Kios to the fun so they had quite a bit of room or will that not be enough space for 5?

9. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

That's great! You could keep all 5 together as they okay in bigger groups too:)

I don't know about the Duna Fun but i can't see why not if it's only temporary plus i'm sure Lily would enjoy the girls better than any toy you can get so why not.

10. salemsparklys

Im def leaning towards keeping them together as long as they are all happy:).

Picking them up tomorrow night I think:001_wub:

11. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

Keeping altogether should be fine, and the duna fun would be ideal for a week while Lily gets used to her new friends :) Can't wait to see them :D :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice