Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how many dogs are you walking

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by david 31, Jun 29, 2017.

1. david 31

david 31 PetForums Newbie

Hi another question.how many dogs are you walking each day and how long has your business been goin.would really help thanks.

Jacqui cooke likes this.
  2. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

Hi I set up in March I do walking and house sitting
    Days still vary from 1-5 dogs, I don't have any I do Mon to Fri yet.

iandavis likes this.
  3. joface

joface PetForums Member

Hi 14 years in business, currently walking 13 dogs on my busiest day, all regulars who have me a minimum of 3 days a week, some on pop-ins, some in groups & some solos. Husband also does it and walks around the same number. Also provide home boarding for the dogs we walk. If I wanted to take on more dogs there would be more business to be had but to be honest I do get tired by the end of my day (about 5.5 hours in total) and don't want to take on any more. I walk my own dogs aswell

iandavis and Jelevents like this.
  4. david 31

Tillystar do you mind me asking how much your earning after the the short time you have been in business.as I'm starting my own business soon.thanks

Tillystar likes this.
  5. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

I do house sitting and cat visits too plus I'm still working at the kennels a few hours a week each month less hours as I take on more work. I'll have a look tomorrow night at earnings for just walking and let you know :)

6. david 31

Thanks tilly much appreciated.

7. Lounatic

Lounatic PetForums Newbie

When you walk your own dog does that count as the amount you are insured to walk. For example, I have my own dog who comes out with me on my walks and I am insured to walk 6 dogs. I include him as my 6th dog. I have seen people in the area walking their own dogs along with others and it can be more than 6 so just wondered if they don't take their dog into account, surely that's wrong?.....isn't it?

8. joface

joface PetForums Member

I would say so, I don't know for definite but I would presume being insured to walk 6 dogs means 6 dogs, not 6 paying customers.

9. totallypets

totallypets PetForums Senior

Some insurance companies don't have a limit, but if the limit is 6 then that would include your own dog

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice