I'll try to tell the whole story in the most concise way I can. On a Wednesday afternoon 4 weeks ago my parents’ 4-months old Rottweiler Mia started to vomit, had diarrhea and stopped eating. At first, my parents thought she just ate something bad and will get well soon enough. So, after Mia didn’t get any better on Thursday – diarrhea did stop, but she still wasn’t eating at all, would vomit water and basically stopped moving, they took her to their vet on Friday morning. After a blood test, the vet said that Mia’s probably poisoned and that they just have to wait. He did give her some injections and infusion. He did the exactly same things on Saturday and Sunday – he continued telling them that he thinks that she’s poisoned and that they have to give her organism enough time to clean itself. He was still giving Mia some injections including infusion. During those three days on which my parents took Mia to the vet (Fri, Sat, Sun) Mia wasn’t getting any better – she wasn’t moving much, still wasn’t eating at all, would drink some small amounts of water but sometimes would vomit soon after. Except making sure she always had fresh water and some food besides her and that she was always clean, my parents weren’t doing anything special. Finally, they began to feel a little bit suspicious about our vet’s “diagnosis”, and on Monday morning they asked him if there’s a place they can take Mia to get some actual tests done, because they thought that this supposed “poisoning” should’ve already started to wear off. The vet told them that they can take Mia to the veterinary college in our country’s capital (which is a 2 hours drive from my parents’ town) because in their town there’s no veterinary place with good enough diagnostics (they live in a 150.000 people town, and there are a lot of vets in it). My parents immediately took Mia to the mentioned college. Unfortunately, on their way there Mia started to get worse and seconds before they arrived she fell into a coma. On the college, vets immediately admitted her in their emergency room but sadly Mia died 10 minutes after. A vet from the college asked my parents if it’s alright if they keep Mia’s body, do an autopsy and then let my parents know what was the cause of her death – my parents agreed. That was 3 weeks ago and finally today my parents got a letter from the college with the autopsy results and it says that Mia had a “complicated multisystemic parvovirus infection”. I’ve never heard of the disease before so I went online to research it a bit. I ended up feeling so bad and guilty about everything – parvo is not some super rare condition and I’m so utterly shocked and angry that our “vet” didn’t diagnose it on time. How did this happen even? Is this guy crazy? Should he even be working? I want to call him tomorrow and tell him I blame him 100% for what’s happened to Mia. Should I do that? Is this guy really to blame 100%? I did see that parvo is a serious condition, and that 50% of the infected puppies unfortunately die, but if not treated at all then the death rate is 90%. I’m so angry at the moment! I just want this guy to feel responsible for what he did!