Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How long...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by thedogsmother, Jun 3, 2010.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

does it take for kc documents to arrive. My sis bought a pup 7 weeks ago and shes still waiting for his kc stuff to arrive, I dont remember it taking that long with Henrick, is 7 weeks normal?

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I got Wıllows stuff from the breeder the day I pıcked her up
    There was a code on ıt so I could go on the ınternet and change her over to my name.
    Cost me 15quıd mınd:lol:

3. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

when i registered my pups, they lost all the paper work, had took the payment out of my bank tried to say they had never received the paperwork.:mad:
    I had an almighty row with them, lots of phonecalls and i got the papers back just before pups were ready to go.. Good job id done a list of names and kept it cause they couldn't find anything, and it was all sent recorded delivery, and signed for. they are a joke!:frown:

4. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule PetForums Senior

When I ought BElle a few weeks ago, I changed her documents into my name on the internet. They were here within 4 days. So I would guess 7 weeks is way too long.

5. thedogsmother

I dont want to worry her too much but she doesnt have a good relationship with the breeder any more since her pup was diagnosed with a bad umbilical hernia and needed an operation, she contacted the breeder to ask if she was willing to help with the cost of the operation and the conversation didnt go well and they hung up on each other, since then my sis has asked for the papers by email and had no answer, she has no plans to breed or show so it isnt a major problem but if you pay £700 for a puppy you expect to get the papers:(.

6. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Do you mean the tranfer of name docs or the original registration docs?

Registration docs should come with the pup - I've only ever agreed to have them sent on after the pup once and that was because the breeder was a good friend.

When I registered my pups the docs arrived in a week.

I've only done transfer docs online and the papers have arrived within a day or two.

Sorry posted after you.

#6 alaun, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  7. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

7 weeks is way too long unless incorrect details were given by the breeder, chase it up x.

8. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

if she knows the sire and dams names and d.o.b. contact the KC and check if they've actually been registered.

9. thedogsmother

Shes hopeless, she doesnt even know what the pups kc name is, he left the breeder with no paperwork and she told them it would all come in the post.

10. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I had to wait about 4 months after i got brams to get his documents!!

11. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

oooohhhh... sound a little sus to me...... get her to chase the breeder.
    I would not let any of my pups go until all paper work was 100% then I sat down with all my new owners and went though kc doc with them (and contracts, feeding guides, grooming guides, club info... etc etc etc)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice