Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How Long Will My Female Stand for a Male After A.I.?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by dakara, Jan 3, 2012.

1. dakara

dakara PetForums Newbie

Hi, I'm new and looking for an answer. I've had my female inseminated by a stud other than our own and am wondering how long I need to keep her away from our stud. I don't want a mixed litter from two different studs. Been two days since last incertion.

2. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

until she is well out of season,so at least another 2 weeks.3 to be on the safe side

3. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

Every bitch is different - but in your situation, I wouldn't be taking any chances, I would separate them until she is well out of season.

I've got a bitch here who stands from day 3 onwards (usually ready day 8/9) and then I have others who will only stand when ready for mating (and some who don't stand at all, ready or not)

4. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy PetForums VIP

OK - a first post from a Breeder who owns a Stud and a `female` asking a really basic question....With no info on the profile.
    Come on, don`t be shy - show us a photo of the female? Introduce yourself?
    Say hello?

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

If you already have a stud of your own presumingly you planned on breeding them so you should at least know about Bitches and Dog's on heat?????? Didn't the stud owner tell you, didn't you ask, didn't you look up on all the info you needed before breeding???? Just confused

6. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

7. dakara

dakara PetForums Newbie

Thank you so much for your anwers. I appreciate the info. My name is Christine and I'm from Buick Creek BC. In answer to one of the questins asked I have bred to my stud before but this is my first AI and we have always just let nature take its course. The reason for the AI is a good friend friend got a puppy from my last litter and she offered me a breeding in return. We had them together last summer and they did not take to eachother, so this time we decided AI would be easier on them and I was just double checking to make sure she didn't breed with our stud as well. (whom she really likes. she pouts when she is away from him.) Many of you might be curios so I will tell you about my girl. She is a purebred Staffordshire Terrior, chocolate brindle and has the most amazing personality of any dog I have ever owned. Great with kids, cats, other dogs, horses and cows. her name is Jezabel. many thanks to your replies.

8. dakara

dakara PetForums Newbie

Thank you so much for your anwers. I appreciate the info. My name is Christine and I'm from Buick Creek BC. In answer to one of the questins asked I have bred to my stud before but this is my first AI and we have always just let nature take its course. The reason for the AI is a good friend friend got a puppy from my last litter and she offered me a breeding in return. We had them together last summer and they did not take to eachother, so this time we decided AI would be easier on them and I was just double checking to make sure she didn't breed with our stud as well. (whom she really likes. she pouts when she is away from him.) Many of you might be curios so I will tell you about my girl. She is a purebred Staffordshire Terrior, chocolate brindle and has the most amazing personality of any dog I have ever owned. Great with kids, cats, other dogs, horses and cows. her name is Jezabel. many thanks to your replies.

9. Winstoncaesar

Winstoncaesar PetForums Newbie

so are you saying you just bred your bitch with one of her offspring??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice