Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How long should I take?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by SassyH, Sep 6, 2010.

1. SassyH

SassyH PetForums Member

We have gad Riley for nearly two weeks now and have been trying to change his diet from Whiskas to Bozita. We have been doing this gradually for 10 days by putting a bit of bozita with his whiskas. He had been tolerating this well so we have tried to give him a bowl of bozita in morning and a little during the day and whiskas in the evening but now he is getting a runny tum. So have I done it too fast? Should I go back to mixing the two? Or keep doing what Im doing? Will his tum adjust? He is drinking really well. Thanks in advance

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Have you been gradually increasing the Bozita whilst equally decreasing the Whiska's?

Instead of mixing it, try putting Whiska's one side of his bowl and Bozita the other side. He'll eat both, but I'm not sure mixing it is a good idea (hopefully someone can clarify that).

If you can get some pro kolin from the vet (or online) it will help firm him back up again in the mean time, or you could try getting him to lick some natural live Greek yogurt off your fingers.

3. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Sounds as though you have a cat with a sensitive tum SassyH. I know you have done it nice and slowly but perhaps the last bit was a bit drastic.

I personally would go back to the beginning and mix just a little of the Bozita in with his normal Whiskas (start with something ridiculously low, such a spoonful). Do that for a couple of days. If that doesn't upset him, then increase the amount of Bozita again (perhaps use 2 spoonfuls). If that is also ok for a couple of days, then add a little more. Over the course of two weeks or so you should have reached a point where he eats Bozita without any issue.

So, it is okay to mix two foods together imo. Don't see the difference between them being on different plates or different sides of the plate and them being mixed together. Do I miss something?

Anytime that his tum gets upset, go back to the step before. And as Aurelia has said, get your hands on some pro-kolin paste. Great product that and a great one to just have in the cupboard.

I know it is a bit of a process but better safe than sorry.

However, it could also be that your cat just doesn't get on with Bozita or doesn't get on with a whole lot of it.

I take it he would normally have had good poops on the Whiskas?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice