UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean the overnight time.

Bought one about a year ago, it was used nightly last winter. Bought a second one to alternate and have been using both since the weather cooled down, but noticed the first one is no longer getting as hot, have found I need to put it back in the microwave to heat for a bit longer.

Do they last more than about 10 months or is it normal to 'wear out' so soon?

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
Mine are all well over a year old, the oldest is closer to 4 years and still works as normal.

Nightly use shouldn't make much difference since it's just wax inside.

I've also always found the "stays warm for up to 12 hours" to be quite a stretch, 5-6 hours is more like it.

G

·
Mine is about 3 years old and still going strong and I do find it still warm 10 hours later. Mind you it could stay warm as there is always a warm wee body on top of it!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the newer one last night and it stayed warm, but they seem to need longer in the microwave than before.

Does anyone turn them over half way?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.