Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how long do you rekon?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by mypets, Jul 14, 2009.

1. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hey! new pics of selectas bump...just want thoughts from you guys about how far you think shes gone? whether it looks like its dropped? ...other info on her pregnancy is on my other threads...

selectas bump 010.jpg

selectas bump 005.jpg

selectas bump 002.jpg

selectas bump 001.jpg

selectas bump 008.jpg

I can now feel her milk sacs all along underneath...but no milk coming through as of yet..

#1 mypets, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. kazijay

kazijay PetForums Member

I have a little black cat and she was soooooo huge she had to put one side of her belly through the cat flap then squeeze the other side through she looked so funny but was really concerned that she might get stuck. I thought she was going to burst-- she had five kittens but was huge for the last two weeks -- She could of just dropped to allow for a bit more growing LOL But she must have them soon

3. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

she lokks about the same as eeny. i can feel eeny and mynys milk underneath but they arent leaking any milk yet either. i hate the whole waiting thing lol. its frustrating coz i dont know if she will be due now, in a few days or weeks. i hope it wont be too long now x

4. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

lol...bet that was funny...would of love to have seen that...dont think they can do much more growing..shes solid as a rock lol...theyv been well active since last night...like they are doing riverdance in there..:001_tt2:

5. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Yeh it can be annoying...cause you want to do the best for them when the time comes, but because we dont know when it is we just have to keep them sweet all the time...:001_tt2:

6. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

my O.H has limited me to one out of each litter lol, im going to try to be sensible and only keep one out off all 3, although i think thah would be hard :(

7. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

choosing is awlful esp when your with them from birth to 7/8 weeks...cause by then you have a bond and no what they like/dislike etc

BUT

on the other hand loads of kittens running around might change ya mind...:001_tt2:

8. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Selecta wont put her bum down when shes laying down..and her tail is stuck up...

9. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

ooh fingers crossed it wont be long :)

10. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

been saying that for days...i was in a competition with someone but their cat had hers yesterday lol...so im slacking..

11. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

looks like its me and you in competition now then :D

12. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

yeh too right...lol...:smilewinkgrin::D

FREE SPIRIT likes this.
  13. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

Nala's stomach looked like that for about 2 weeks!!! The waiting is mad lol!!

14. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Its bee like that for over two weeks...iv had 2 weeks tomorrow...they say kittens can be felt from 7 weeks...and they were moving 2 weeks ago..so hopefully not too much longer...

15. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

I meant the milk in. hopefully not too long. :D Come on Selecta u can do it :D

16. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

heya she wont start releasing milk until the 1st kitten is born, other things to look out for to suggest the kittens will be born within a day or so are.. is she being SUPER nice.. i am sure she is usually lovely but has that stepped up a few gears? Does she "tell you off" if you leave the room or the house or stand and chirp at you (i say chirp but can be a really funny mew) until you pick her up coz she is too big. also if she used to jump up a lot to higher levels you will probably notice her not doing that much at all.

She doesnt look like she has that long to go and the last pic of her is just the cutest, she looks so happy

FREE SPIRIT likes this.
  17. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hiya..thanks for the info...yeh she keeps sitting actually on me, which she doesnt normally do...shes laying in the hallway at the moment so iv come into the lounge to go on here:D:D and shes just made a weird calling out...Then if i dont go back out to see her, she pokes her head round the door lol...

yeh the last picture is cute...shes so gorgeous...:wink5::smilewinkgrin:

18. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

aww sweet. I would say you have about 2 days left then with a week at the most before she has her babies

19. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

ooooo so getting close, how exciting..

20. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

yeah i have found that cats behaviour radically changes in the days before giving birth, they are clingy to an extreme and if you have any other young cats/kittens she might start trying to mother them a little too, graycie did that the day before her little madams were born. she stole muffins 12 week old kittens and curled round them and groomed them but 2 days before that she would hiss if they came too close

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice