UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, how long would a bag of good quality complete food (Orijens maybe) last?

My options for puppy feeding are:

Complete raw diet - if we have the room to store it all. Thinking of sticking to just varying meats (after we've worked up to a variety) and including a dog multivitamin supplement.

Raw plus a good complete dry food - I would prefer to do this option but Orijens is expensive and I don't think my OH will appreciate our dog having a bigger food bill then us! I would mainly feed chicken with other meats occasionally when there are good offers.

I am getting a Shihtzu so how long would a £60 of good quality dry food last with one or two meals a day? (plus raw dinner)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
This is complicated.

I have one big dog and one small dog like a Shih-tzu size.
A bag of wainwrights used to last one month. And Orijen lasts two.
My big dog eats twice as much as my small one, and so it's like me feeding 3 Shih tzu, so I reckon about 6 months for a Shih tzu and a bag of Orijen.
Pretty rough estimate though...

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is complicated.

I have one big dog and one small dog like a Shih-tzu size.
A bag of wainwrights used to last one month. And Orijen lasts two.
My big dog eats twice as much as my small one, and so it's like me feeding 3 Shih tzu, so I reckon about 6 months for a Shih tzu and a bag of Orijen.
Pretty rough estimate though...

Hope that helps!
Thanks for that! If a bag lasts a couple of months or more then its not as expensive as it seems then.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
You can usually work out a rough estimate (sometimes they eat more or less) from the manufacturers recommended daily feeding guide for the weight of the dog (grams per bag divided by RDA grams per day) which makes price comparisons easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.