Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How is your weather in England today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tabelmabel, Jul 9, 2019.

1. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

31c here, just hot sunshine. I hate this weather, I hope it breaks soon

2. Kittynanna

Kittynanna PetForums Senior

Humid, stuffy, sunny, sickly, horrid........I really don’t like this heat 27* but just no air or breeze.

Working in spare bedroom with 2 fans and feeling drained as not sleeping well with heat.

3. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I think that's my problem here as it's only a small studio flat, so no spare rooms to go to and it's unbearable at the moment. 29* in here.
    Think I might go and find the cat. She's pretty good at sussing the cool spots, but I'm not crawling under the car with her!!

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

well, damn....my computer monitor has developed vertical lines down it.:( Im actually wondering if it has overheated in this weather (my desk is in a bay window, curtain shut but still gets hot...and its 30C in here at the moment). Might have to dig out extra curtain to heatproof my window!
    I suppose its time to start considering air con or new windows given that heatwaves are going to happen more often.:(

Cully likes this.
  5. margy

margy PetForums VIP

So pleased I live in the north and don't have to live in this awful heat you are enduring in the south of the country. You have my sympathy I don't think Belle would fare very well in it. Hopefully it will break soon with the thunder storms that are forecast.

Cully, Lurcherlad and kimthecat like this.
  6. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

We had a storm here earlier and Rain ! Hurray but still as hot as hell indoors.

Lurcherlad and tabelmabel like this.
  7. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Well, it's started. Thunder, lightning and the rain have arrived. I've got the curtains closed, but it seems like every few minutes there's a lightning flash above the skylight. At least it might stop being so humid by the time I go to bed, which will be a good thing!

8. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Oh my word! Thunder and lightening like i've never known before (and im in my 50s) started yesterday evening and ALL through the night.

Lightning so constant the sky literally flashing every few seconds for hours on end and the thunder, wow!

Needless to say only got about 3 hrs sleep. Rain is torrential. Luckily dogs have been fine.

Cully, Lurcherlad and kimthecat like this.
  9. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Still roasting here I slept wrapped in a damp towel which worked very well. Roll on Friday.

10. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

A few rumbles of thunder and rain over night now it's hot and sunny already.

kimthecat and Lurcherlad like this.
  11. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Jack was very unsettled in the night in our room even after he’d been let out, so at 0230 I settled downstairs so he would join me on the sofa. It was much cooler down there.

All the windows of the conservatory were open and I left the adjoining door to the lounge open to benefit from the lower temperature.

Tonight I think I’ll set the Z-bed up for me and a comfy bed for Jack so he’ll sleep out there with me.

There’s an overhead fan too if needed.

This heatwave is meant to break at the weekend - storms Thurs/Fri and rain Sat/Sun - let’s hope so!

kimthecat, Boxer123, rona and 2 others like this.
  12. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

31c at the moment again, it was 27c at 9am!

I sometimes regret moving down South :D

I just hope forecast right and its a little cooler tomorrow.

Ellie&cats, kimthecat and rona like this.
  13. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Jack and I had a much cooler night in the conservatory (Jack actually moved into the adjoining lounge and back on the sofa but slept all night). He’s not stirred yet. I slept really well too.

It’s 20 at the moment (expected high of 29 later) so going down a little, thankfully.

As I lie with a cool breeze coming through the open door it’s trying to rain ..... fingers crossed we get a bit of a downpour though rain isn’t actually forecast according to my iPhone.

Ellie&cats, kimthecat and Boxer123 like this.
  14. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Another night wrapped in a damp towel. It does feel cooler today. Sox followed me upstairs last night and slept on the floor under the open window. I asked him to redirect any spiders who wanted to walk over my face.

15. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Did it work.
    Didn’t with Isla, one ran down my arm whilst I was sat in bed reading. It was big too:eek:

Much better night as the air freshened up nicely after the storm passed through. Today is grey skies and much cooler then it has been

Lurcherlad likes this.
  16. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Rain and much cooler today. Phew!

17. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Of it did I didn’t feel it which is the best I can hope for. I hate them we have loads of the thin wispy ones in the cottage which I don’t mind but the big mamas come in august and September which I can’t cope with.

I’ve had the windows open all morning the house has finally cooled down, what a relief the boys are tired from the heat and are in deep snoozes.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  18. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

We had a good thunder storm last night, it overcast and muggy this morning and they have forecast storms again for this afternoon.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  19. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Hmm. How come everyone else is getting rain and it's missing me, Haven't even heard any rumbling in the distance.
    Stamps feet and goes away to sulk ....................

Lurcherlad, Cully and Happy Paws2 like this.
  20. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Cloudy and humid, 25c. Looks like the storm that’s currently over Cambridge is heading for Birmingham. Get ready to duck @Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice