Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How important are pets?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by monkeymoo, Mar 28, 2011.

1. monkeymoo

monkeymoo PetForums Newbie

Hi everybody

I've joined up to try and settle a sort of argument.
    i'm not going to post the details here as i think it might influence some peoples answers one way or the other. i'd like to know your gut reaction or the first answer to come into your head if you like- instead of thinking and analysing or being influenced by the events that have brought me here- although i will tell you all about it later :mad:

Anyway, to the question.

Do you consider your pets to be as important as other members of your family, do you even consider them to be family members or are they just 'pets'?

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Bumble is my world. He's as much to me as anyone I've ever known (and we're not that easily influenced here :p :lol: )

Em
    xx

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

My pets are my family end of:D

4. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

I consider Frankie and Cyrus as members of my family.

5. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome, I think weve probably had arguments on here about what i think your thread story will be be. My answer is Family first, Bobbie close behind. He is a pet, but to me he is almost family:)

6. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

100% family. my lot sleep with me :)rolleyes: plague here i come) they are my 'children' :eek:

7. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

marley is very special to me i love him with all my heart and he is part of my family but my human family would come first.

8. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

110% family, so much so that if I decided I could not handle them and a child, I would not have children till they had passed.

Im another one who has them in the bedroom at night, I have to so Keyu can wake me up for wees lol

9. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Pets are family for sure. I have no idea how my cousin can just drop his pets everytime he moves in with a new girl.

10. blackdiamond

blackdiamond PetForums Senior

My pets are my family :) :)

XxX

11. catbird8

catbird8 PetForums Member

my cats are my family, they never annoy me (even when they cover the floor with dirt, wee and poo everywhere and refuse to let me sleep) they are there for me more than any human in my life:smile:

12. iheartsonic

iheartsonic PetForums Senior

I have 2 kids and they will always come first but the animals we have are family too and if there were any problems we'd go down every route to figure it out before we made any drastic choices.

So we're clear, we have 2 cats and 2 gerbils.

I have gone without to feed my animals, I'd do it again and again and again.

13. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Buster and Millie are my family and most important things in my life. Without them life would be boring. I put them before anything else and would risk my life to save them...they are part of me and make me who I am.

:)

14. Vampyria

Vampyria PetForums VIP

I consider my pets to be family members - there has been many a time I have put them before my social life/seeing friends during the times the animals need that extra looking after. Family comes first, after all :) I would do anything for them.

I've also been known to postpone things for my stick insects, too - especially when one has had a bad moult. Lots of people (not on here, of course) would find that simply mad. Maybe I am :p

15. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I cant really answer that coz my pets are the only family I have. Although TBH if I had to choose between a human family and an animal one???
    Call me Sheena Queen of the Jungle!!LOL

16. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

My dogs mean the world to me, they are my best friends in all the world but my daughter and grandchildren are just in front of them in the queue...the rest of my family aren't because we don't have a great relationship. I would put my dog's well being before my own. I'd rather go without that see them miss out.

17. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

My pets are my family, they deserve to be treated that way.
    I chose to have them yet they give me so much

18. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

My boys are my world! I don't have kids so thats not a consideration but yes, they get put before most things :D

19. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

My pets are my family and equally as important :D

20. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Pets are my family and equally as important well far more important than most of my blood family. They don't sleep with me however I don't think rabbits make good bed mates and Buster moves around too much

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice