Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How high can they jump?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Tsuyama, May 21, 2010.

1. Tsuyama

Tsuyama PetForums Junior

Last night Jake absolutely amazed me by jumping over the barrier between the rabbits and the rest of the house. It's a wire gate that I made, it's about 3 and a half feet in height and he just leaped straight over it, no climbing, no touching, just a clean leap right over the top. I was astounded, I was also a little worried he may hurt his feet jumping over something so high but as soon as he landed he was away binkying around our living room.

anyway, I eventually caught him and put him back. I was worried he'd jump over again during the night but when I went to feed them this morning he was sitting on his favourite step as usual.

I'm secretly proud of him for doing it though, it was such a graceful jump ;)

2. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Yep Teddy can jump that high, Joey has jumped a 2 1/2ft fence never seen the others try!

3. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

My rabbit when he used to live in my room, could jump onto my bed, my beds higher than a standard bed, kinda like a low cabin bed must be 2 1/3- 3 foot x

4. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

When Sugar was a young rabbit he used to cat spring really high about 3 feet into the air. One of my rabbits jumped up about 4 foot high and kicked my mum in the stomach (this rabbit only liked me! :)) my mum was winded for a while and never went near the rabbit after that!

5. Tsuyama

Tsuyama PetForums Junior

It's amazing isn't it?

I was extra surprised by his jump last night becuse he wasn't jumping on to something but up and over, which must be loads scarier for him.

6. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

The only time I have seen a rabbit jump that high was when I was feeding Saffy and Jet suddenly leapt 3.5-4 ft in the air and landed (not so gracefully) in Saffy's top floor of the cage...but then male instinct drove that one lol! xx

7. Stufi

Stufi PetForums Junior

Our two would clear 3 foot easily if they are in the mood.

Womble is a little girl but look at her go :thumbup::thumbup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Haha fab binky pics!!!!!

Dreamer is good at high binkies
    [​IMG]

9. Tsuyama

Tsuyama PetForums Junior

Great pics!! Well done :D I think I'd be sat there all day and still not get great pics like those

10. Taylors Petfoods

Taylors Petfoods PetForums Junior

those photos are hillarious,
    absolutely fantastic.
    Made my day, thank you

11. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:D great pics

Miffy would clean jump over the back of the sofa and onto a seat or miss a seat and hit the floor again, she loves being indoors.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice