Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How heavy should syrian hamsters be?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Deleted member 1510141, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Recently, I weighed Churro (my syrian hamster) and he was around 141g I have done some research on average weight of syrian hamsters, but there is a lot of different information out there. Does anyone have experience with Syrian hamsters and knows what the average is?

Knighterist likes this.
  2. Knighterist

Knighterist PetForums Member

I pondered on that before as well and like you I couldn't find much conclusive guidance on the healthy weight. I think Lord Marble is also about that weight and he's a year plus old. I'll weigh him again tonight to be sure.

3. Ok thank you, that is very helpful. :)

4. Knighterist

Knighterist PetForums Member

Lord Marble is 140g ish too! Think he's about 6 inches or so long when he stretches out. I feel like maybe he can gain a bit of weight or fat because when I pet him I can feel his spine quite sharply. I do feed him a good pinch of food and he does have spare I'm stock too so I guess he's controlling how much he eats himself.

5. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums VIP

Pet shop hamsters are normally a lot smaller than pedigree well bred ones. Pet shop Syrians are typically around the 150g mark in their prime while well bred/pedigree ones are a lot bigger, up to 400g

Knighterist likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice