How have you done today?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Tigerneko, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Born to Boogie

Born to Boogie PetForums VIP

What a shame.

2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

This was a while ago but I haven't been on very much for ages due to a new laptop not letting me come on here. It was at the National dog show.

I don't usually do champ shows with my italian greyhound Buck as I have never thought him good enough but a woman who shows her italians at open shows kept telling me he was good enough so I entered him for the national. Theere was 5 in his class so I wasn;t really expecing much. You can imagine my surprise when he came 3rd and qualified for crufts 2017.

We went back the next day with my whippet Peter and came 4th in a massive class and just missed out on qualifying him too

tattoogirl73, Firedog and MrRustyRead like this.
  3. Born to Boogie

Born to Boogie PetForums VIP

It's wonderful, when it's so unexpected :)

4. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

Just a fun show today, but Cash won his AV Working & Pastoral class and then went on to RBIS! :Woot

Hanwombat, tattoogirl73 and Firedog like this.
  5. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 PetForums VIP

cherokee got RBIS at a fun show we did last monday :) little minx stood the best she ever has with her tail up without me holding it.

Firedog and Dogloverlou like this.
  6. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

We did an own breed show yesterday and we did three classes. We had a 2nd out of 3, VHC and a 3rd. Although Starla didn't win any of her classes I was very proud of her. She really doesn't like halls but she showed her best and I couldn't have asked any more from her.

tattoogirl73 likes this.
  7. tattoogirl73

well done :)

8. SpicyBulldog

SpicyBulldog PetForums Senior

Have not been to any shows yet this year. :( I will try to update as I do. Far as last year for regular shows I only made it out two weekends and then additionally competed at nationals. So for those results......

One dog with 60 points (6 1st from previous year:D), entered into 5 shows took four 1st and one 2nd and then 3rd at nationals, making champion last year. Had to have someone else handle my other since they were competing against each other lol, think starting at 36 points and placements were one 1st, four 2nd and one 3rd (did not compete at nationals) ended the year at 69 points.
    My other I only took out one weekend and did not have any points to start with, took two 1st, two best of opposite and a 3rd, also placed at nationals, so is half way to finishing.

I'm very excited to start the show year. I can hardly wait. Been obsessing over it.

9. Meezey

Meezey Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.

We haven't shown much at all but have to post that Jethro won Green Star Dog (CC) out of his first puppy show last year Oct/Nov time total shock to us. Then the next show on the SAME weekend Eric won GS dog and CACIB lol

Firedog and SpicyBulldog like this.
  10. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

Yesterday we went to the East of England Show. Left at 5am, limped up there in a half dead Vauxhall Zafira and didn't get home until 10.15pm. The journey was worth it though as Starla won RCC. So pleased with her she showed like a dream.

tattoogirl73 and SpicyBulldog like this.
  11. SpicyBulldog

What is RCC?

12. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

Reserve Challenge Certificate. Over here you need 3CC's to make a champion. So Reserve Best of Breed. Nothing major but big for us.

13. SpicyBulldog

Congrats! And thanks for info.

14. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

Went to Dorset County Canine Society open show on Sunday. My puppy won Best puppy, BOB and then came 3rd in the puppy group.

tattoogirl73, Meezey and SpicyBulldog like this.
  15. SpicyBulldog

Congrats to you and your puppy!

Firedog likes this.
  16. Meezey

Meezey Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.

Well done!

Firedog likes this.
  17. SpicyBulldog

These are results from my latest show, which was a three show weekend.

1st show Male 1st (almost took best of show, the judge said it was very close and he had a hard time deciding), Female 1st

2nd show Male 1st & Best of Show, Female 3rd

3rd show Male 3rd, Female 3rd

BOSwins.jpg
    Blue = 1st places
    White = 3rd places
    Trophy was given for best of show

18. tattoogirl73

i've not been on pf for awhile. cherokee has now retired from the ring, but seeing as i'd entered her at ashfield and sutton open show a couple of months ago and we went along to support a friend i decided to take her in the ring. there was only us in the class and i expected the judge to withhold but to my surprise she didn't :) shows there's more to my girl then a coat. i'll hopefully be back in the show ring next april with one of cherokee's puppies. 18951373_10155437306698410_3797095888303193685_n.jpg

19. Kicksforkills

Kicksforkills PetForums VIP

Rio got the RDCC at Richmond yesterday!

20. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

On september 1st we went to City of Birmingham champ show with Peter and Buck.

Buck was 2nd in italian greyhound veteran dog and 1st in good citizen dog.

Peter on the other hand well there was 10 dogs in his class 1 of which had previously won a RCC after judging the class moving the dogs together and then again on their own the judge went off and spoke to an official. She eventually came back into the ring pulled 1 dog in and placed it 1st she then turned to the rest of the class and said she was witholding all other placings. The judge gave no explanation but has since published her critique saying she will not reward bad movement and coming and going all the other dogs moved either wide in front or wide behind. Yes 9 dogs all in the same class including a RCC winner all moved incorrectly. In all the other classes the judge placed 5 dogs. Neeless to say I withdrew Peter from his GC class even though I was told it was bad sportsmanship to withdraw him there was no way I was going to give that judge a second chance to humiliate me and my dog.

I know you pay for the judges opinion but this was a replacement judge and I had entered before the change of judge was announced even if I had withdrawn before the show I would not have got my money back and I wasn't aware of the judge change untill I got to the show.