Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

How have you done today?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Tigerneko, Apr 21, 2013.

1. dogkrazy

dogkrazy PetForums Senior

Zara got her first point towards her junior diploma today, she was 1st puppy bitch (she was the only one there though..) graded very promising.
    She got to see her brother Gilbert too and they had their usual silly moments :)

tattoogirl73 and Dogloverlou like this.
  2. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

Bigby and I have our first open show on Saturday :eek: Well its not Bigbys first open show, but its mine :eek: We're only going to do the Smooth class - Junior and then go.. if he does OK then I plan to enter him in some more that I've seen in the new year :)

Dogloverlou likes this.
  3. Hanwombat

Bigby was the only smooth at the Huntingdonshire Canine Society Open Show today - so we won our class, as well as best puppy and best in breed :)

MrRustyRead and Dogloverlou like this.
  4. Hanwombat

Went to Dunstable and District Canine Society today - not the open show part as I forgot to enter :p but I just came along and did the Pedigree Companion show. Bigby was an absolute tit the whole time, wouldn't stop barking etc and yet he won against 20 other dogs in AV Non Sporting. He was so naughty he jumped all over the judge :eek: but she said he is a cracking dog and went with her gut instinct.

He then went on to win RBIS :D beaten by a show springer. She said he has a wonderful movement and once he matures more and fingers crossed calms down, I've got a good dog there :)

So helped boost my confidence and looking to do some more companion shows and also a few open shows.

Firedog likes this.
  5. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

Cash got a 3rd place out of about 6 dogs today in PGD :)

Bexx and tattoogirl73 like this.
  6. Bexx

Bexx PetForums Member

[​IMG]

Poppys first rosettes, she got 5th (VHC) in best crossbreed and 3rd in best condition!

We went to her first show last week on the bank holiday, tried for the Scruffts class too but no joy. We have another show next month, actually 2 on the same day so we need to pick one!

Dogloverlou and tattoogirl73 like this.
  7. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 PetForums VIP

cherokee came 2nd (out of 2) in junior, and 1st (out of 1) in open at blackpool dog show on friday. just a shame cc's weren't on offer cos apparently she would've got her stud number. oh well, wasn't meant to be. 13553300_1129103307154071_1520212402_n.jpg 13517608_10154335563793410_1134678283930354834_o.jpg

8. Born to Boogie

Born to Boogie PetForums VIP

She's lovely :Kiss
    I admire your grooming skills :)

We had a rubbish day in the breed, on Sunday but then went 3rd in the Puppy Bitch Stakes. So a swings and roundabouts day ;)

Firedog, tattoogirl73 and Bexx like this.
  9. Bexx

Bexx PetForums Member

It was swings and roundabouts for us too

No luck on Saturday, the first show had the ring too small and instead of using the corners people were standing in front of eachother. The judge hardly looked at Poppy! Nevermind though as we managed to catch the 2nd half of another show on the way back. Still no luck but it was fun.

But on Sunday, through wind and light rain we were redeemed! We waited through all the pedigree classes and then it was Poppys turn. No luck in our first class, 5th in dog the judge would most like to take home, and to top it off reserve best in show! :D

[​IMG]

10. Born to Boogie

Well done Poppy :)

Bexx likes this.
  11. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

Starla came second in her class today at Windsor and had VHC in Special Beginners Stakes.

tattoogirl73 and Dogloverlou like this.
  12. tattoogirl73

the only grooming skills i can take credit for are her top knot, lol. i normally at least bath her mysen but decided to be lazy last week and treat her to a bath and dry at a salon. stopped my arms aching for the drive.

13. tattoogirl73

well done

14. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

Cash got a 1st in Limit Dog, BD, and BOS today at the East of England show. So proud! Mind you he was the only dog against a few bitches, so not as impressive as what you think ;) Still, any placement is not to be sniffed at as the judge doesn't have to award a dog as we know.

Firedog, tattoogirl73 and Pappychi like this.
  15. tattoogirl73

well done :) don't knock it. i'm sure you deserved it.

16. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

Starla was in Limit Bitch for the first time yesterday and won her class. I was so proud. There was six in the class.

17. Born to Boogie

Is that her Stud Book Number?
    Well done Starla :)

18. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

I don't know? I don't know how it all works. I thought they had to get a reserve or Best Dog or Best Bitch.

Also how would I get it, would it be automatically sent to me or would I have to apply for it?

19. Born to Boogie

20. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice