Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How friendly are your dogs??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by catz4m8z, May 25, 2010.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Just wondering how friendly your pooches are and if my lot are abnormal!!LOL They always say hello to anyone who calls them over and dont mind pottering alongside drunks, hoodies or pretty much anyone. Although they are wary sometimes of large men they love women and adore kids.
    Take today.we were walking in the fields when we noticed a boy sat in the grass waiting for his turn on his friends dirtbike. As soon as Adam saw him he took off like his tail was on fire and literally threw himself at the kid. He was jumping up, licking his face and jumping in his lap to get the most cuddles possible. Hannah and heidi soon followed and also leapt into his lap and demanded cuddles!:rolleyes:

My only experience of dogs before this was a collie who wasnt socialble at all and a young dog who was a fear biter, and I have no friends with dogs. Given that the only dogs I see out walking that can be encouraged over for a fuss are Staffs usually who has a friendly dog??:confused:

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Buster loves people especially kids. Always thinks they are happy to give him ear scratches. One of the reasons I got him he came right over to cuddle up to us and lick our hands

3. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

Bobby is over friendly at times he loves everyone except older men with beards i dont know why though.

I first noticed it when i was walking him to the shops and he was great on the walk got his cute face on and god cuddles from almost everyone then we where walking past an older gentleman who asked if he could clap him i said yeah he should be fine with it and bobby started jumping about and pulling away from me as far as he could, i appoligised and had to move as bobby was stressing out.

with other dogs bobby is way too friendly he has no problems walking right up to a dog and licking its face or trying to jump to get to them.

He also loves horses and will lay down next to a gate if there is one there and give it kissess and take kissess back lol.

he doesn't like foxes but he is a beagle so i expect that from him lol

*Kara*

4. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Harvey is happy to clean anybodies ears out :D

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dixie is wary of people, but Dave loves everyone! So if he runs over, she follows and tries to get cuddles!
    But if Dixie barks first, Dave might have a bark too.

OH had to rescue two young boys from Dave yesterday Lol we were outside OH was waxing the car, dogs were happily pottering about on the pavement then 2 boys with sweeties walked down the road! Dave was soo interested in the sweeties the boy was holding them above his head and Dave was on his back legs (not touching the boy) he now has a greasy hand print where OH grabbed his scruff! Lol!

6. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Cromwell now will potter over to anyone cos they might have food...in his younger years he wouldn't go near people cos he was scared.

Tiz will bounce on anyone who looks her way, if they ignore her she will growl and bark at them but if they fuss her she'll melt and be a tart.

Sumo will fall over and do the 'I'm so small and delicate please don't hurt me' scene. :rolleyes:

Cooper will go over, sniff and if they say hello he'll do a staffy smile and make funny noises!!

Sidney will boing boing boing showing off his ball but if they try to take it or ask him to drop it he'll ignore them and run back to me to tell me tales of the scarey ball stealing person!! He won't allow anyone to touch him, he's extreamly sensitive to that and only like mummy cuddles or very special people!!

Norris right now is still abit timid and does bark at people but once he's sure they aren't lurcher snatchers he goes over for attention.

7. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

All friendly, I have a 4 month old baby boy and they are so gentle with him!! They seem to know when I have him in my arms as they all back away and walk nicely behind!! xx

8. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Great with adults but still a little spooked by kids as they run up to her screaming "Oooh snow dog!" :( We are working on it tho, she wouldnt hurt a kid, she'd run away lol!

Loves the vets too, the vet nurse had her out the back of the surgery off lead playing the big sop, she's only met him a few minutes earlier :blush:

9. ToddyxxMillie

ToddyxxMillie PetForums Member

Millie will go up to anyone when we walk round the lakes and people are fishing she will drop her ball (she carries a ball with her on walks) which will then drop into the lake so then she will dive straight into get it, scaring the fish lol doesnt go down well sometimes! lol

Toddy doesnt like men with hats on and bark at them but he is abit wary of anyone and just lick their hand and walk off lol

10. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

Ollie's friendly but he's not excited about seeing strangers. Out on onlead walks, he'll look or maybe sniff a stranger passing by but isn't hugely bothered about them. When off lead, he only really goes up to people who have dogs. He'll go and have quick sniff of them and if they want to say hello, they call him towards them. He's quite submissive to them and doesn't jump up or get all excited. He particularly avoids men, no idea why, he never shys away from women but will shy away from some men. If people are near the house or knocking on the door, he will bark and bark, and can sound aggressive when they come in, but if its children and women, he's fine, but he hates the electricity man.

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Sky is a dope. She'll be friends with anyone - and even wants to play with dogs who are clearly showing her signs of BACK THE EFF OFF!!! :lol:

Luna is a sap but she can be nervous around men. She's mostly fine with women and loves children.

Candy is a barker but once you bend down to her level she loves you. If you come up to her though she'll more than likely run away from you.

12. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

Solo loves everyone but especially women and girls - he likes to think of himself as a ladies man. Last summer there were a bunch of schoolgirls doing handstands in the park (in shorts thank god!) and Solo just sat and watched them for ages. Pervert lol.

13. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Why do I never run into these super friendly dogs when out and about!:(
    I just realiesed today my lot go at kids sitting on the ground with the same intensity as they greet me when Ive come home! Feeling kinda offended that they think Im only as good as a smelly kid!:rolleyes:

14. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

poppy the puppy is very friendly love people
    gypsy wants to be wit everyone and want cuddles all the time
    molly the new dog she likes people and dog but she still not sure how to act she never been around them much before we had her.

15. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Candy loves everyone lol mostly men tho lol.

Dora is fine with adults but can be a bit jumpy with kids. Think its because she is deaf and kids just tend to run up to her all exicted and she must get confused lol.

16. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Just realised your Candy is a collie x too :D

17. xxsarahpopsxx

xxsarahpopsxx PetForums VIP

Geordie is quite wary of strangers. SHe used to bark, lunge etc, especially at men but we dont know her history and she was very wary of large men and also the smell of alcohol - you piece that together lol.

In the time we have had her though she has calmed so much and she now doesnt bother with anyone (unless they are in our close then she will bark except at the woman who stops to speak to her lol). Now and again you can see her getting tense and preparing to bark but with a stern 'NO' she usually goes past maybe just pulling a little too much to get away.

With dogs, offlead she was fine until she got attacked by a greyhound the other weak so now tries to ignore them unless she has met them before. We are working on getting her more comfortable again though. Onlead she looks like an aggressive mutt but she is just a bit wary and again, we are working on it.

She absolutely LOVES kids though. She adores my nephew and will follow him about the house and will walk about on the lead by his side (only in garden or house as he is only 2 haha).

Once she knows the adults though she will do anything to please you and the best seat in the house is sprawled over a few peoples knees on the couch :D

18. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Is your Candy a collie x?

19. BubsyBear

BubsyBear PetForums Member

Tribble is VERY friendly. She thinks the world wants to play with her :rolleyes:

20. xshelly_stanliex

xshelly_stanliex PetForums VIP

All Three of our boys are very friendly love to meet new dogs and people always wanting fuss, unforantly not many people or people with other dogs are too happy at times to let them play :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice