Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How fresh do eggs for egg-eaters have to be?

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by G4tekeeper, Feb 3, 2020.

1. G4tekeeper

G4tekeeper PetForums Newbie

Hello, I'm not a snake friend yet but one day I'd really like to get an African egg-eating snake as a companion. Their diet is perfect for my squeamishness, and it seems the only issue you could have with them is finding eggs small enough to eat. And therein lies my issue.
    See I've looked into it, and even if there's no grocery store where I'll be living that carries Coturnix quail eggs or any smaller ones, it should be no issue to find a supplier online. But the thing is, eggs like these come in a package with a lot of them, right? And egg eaters will only eat fresh eggs. So I just wanted to know, will keeping them in the fridge keep them fresh enough while they wait for feeding time? Or would the snake not eat a refrigerated egg?
    I know this might sound silly, but I want to be absolutely sure of everything before getting one of these little cuties.

JessyPy likes this.
  2. JessyPy

JessyPy PetForums Newbie

I have the same question...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice