Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How far would your do go for you????

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by peppapug, Jun 25, 2009.

1. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

We were on the beach last weekend with my two pugs. My husband said to me those pugs would go anywhere with you. It drives him potty (jealous me thinks!) that they are only ever a foot step away at all times.

Well, without realising it we put that theory to the test.

I decided to have a paddle. My pugs don't like water but low and behold they remained at my ankles. It was a lovely day so i went in up to my knees and couldnt believe what i saw......two pugs swimming towards me!!! :eek:

So i thought it was a good discussion point.......what have your dogs done to prove that they really would do anything for you? :smilewinkgrin:

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My pup will do anything - except listen :mad:

Had a bad morning with her :rolleyes:

Candy however is the OH's dog through and through. She'll listen to me simply because she's so well trained but she'd die for him.

3. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

years ago, one of mine followed me upto the bathroom, she must have had a quick look in one of the bedrooms and didnt see me come out again, i went shopping for a good few hours and on my return she was still sitting outside the bathroom door waiting for me!!!:D

4. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

2 weeks ago...I was taking a friends mare into an inhand show for her, standing in line trying to look like I knew what I was doing. Then corner of my eye see a little white streak and yeap here comes my JRT Sumo at 100mph looking for his mum!!!:rolleyes:

He'd slipped his collar from the girl that was holding him, and have to say he ran at me then did a prefect sit!! Wouldn't mind but all I could here was Sidney screaming because he couldn't get off his collar and he wanted to get to mum too!!! Needless to say we didn't win the class!! Mummy's boys dogs...got to love them!!!:eek:

5. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

It would depend on how much liver cake I had in my pocket.

Terri

6. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I had a bit too much to drink one night, woke in the morning feeling just awful. Decided to stay in bed all day feeling sorry for myself. Monty stayed with me on my bed apart from when DD called him for his food and once he'd eaten he came back to me on the bed.

He won't come in the sea though, just barks at me to pick him up :blushing:

#6 westie~ma, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  7. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Arr, doesnt it warm your cockles. You can't love them even half as much as they love you :001_wub:

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dixie will fetch some items on command.. onebeing 'bring my juice' wether its a can or an opened 2litre bottle.

So oneday I was feeling pretty crappy and was in bed, I asked Dixie to get my juice and off she went downstairs- 2 flights of them- to get my juice.

I could hear her coming back, up the 1st flight of stairs then along the hall. then a bit of bumping when she got to the 2nd flight. What on earth is she up to?
    So I get out of bed and look round the stairs, and she must have walkd straight past the half empty one, cos there she is trying to rest a full 2litre bottle of coke on the bottom step so she can get a grip on it again, but every time she tried to rest it on its end, it slipped between the stairs and she had to go round and get it from underneath! Lol!

x

9. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I don't think Rupert would do anything for me :(

My Mum reckons that when I go to work Fri-Sun and everyone is up in the mornings, he stays sat at the stair gate waiting for me, and will try harder to run up the stairs and go to my door and whine, but I think she only says that to make me feel better :blushing:

10. rona

rona Guest

My boy has put himself between me and what he perceived to be danger from an American bulldog, also 3 men that he had his suspicions about ;)

11. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Whenever I nag Hubby (not that often ;)) he says to Mont "Oh your mam is a pest" and he reckons Monty looks at me and says "No, she's perfect" :D

LOL, at Dixie with the bottle of pop!

12. dohaspecial

dohaspecial PetForums Junior

i stepped into a pretty fast flowing channel behind a sand bar we walk on at the beach to see just how fast it was to decide whether to pick Deef up or leave him to walk/jump/swim.

i got no more than 3 steps from him when he decided he wasnt going to be alone and ran straight in to join me. from the way he twisted his body back towards the edge of the channel you could tell he knew instantly he had made the wrong choice and he was washed about 10m from me.

when he eventually righted himself and figured out which direction i was he paddled furiously against the flow trying to get to me while i waded towards him to get a hold of him! i couldnt resist holding back a second or two to watch him in motion as he his hilarious when he swims!

p.s. the water was only about 2 feet deep and the channel petered out to nothing about 20m beyond where he was so he was safe all the while!

13. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

My little girl will go with either of us, but my little boy is a mummys boy he loves my OH but if i was to walk the other way he will follow me, we took them for a walk and he went on the field with the dogs while i nipped in to the shop as soon as he took the leads of he ran as fast as he could and in to the shop to find me it was funny but the owner of the shop did not find it funny i had to leave with him and put him back on lead then try again. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice