Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How far would you go?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by thedogsmother, Jul 24, 2009.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

We drove about 250 miles today so we could take Henrick to see the seaside. He was absolutely terrified of the waves at first but eventually the silly puppy in him decided that it looked like too much fun to miss. Ive put some piccies up cos I can never resist piccies:D. How far would you drive to take your dog somewhere nice?

His first ever view of the sea
    [​IMG]

The waves kept trying to eat him, it was really scary;)
    [​IMG]

He met a nice friend
    [​IMG]

He even liked swimming (eventually)
    [​IMG]

And I think you can safely say he enjoyed himself
    [​IMG]

Jazzy likes this.
  2. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

awhh! XD haha i love it when we take AJ on holiday though i love just being able to watch him get excited about swimming wherever it is!

3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Aww Henrick is one gorgeous lad.:001_wub::001_wub: I used to have a GSD myself and his mum was a white GSD.
    I have never taken our Bichon to the seaside - I don't fancy getting the sand out of those tight curls.:laugh:
    I took my horse to the seaside once though.:laugh:

Glad you had a lovely day and Henrick enjoyed the sea and his new found friend.:D

4. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

Depends what you define as lovely :p When I had Fred, the country park was pretty much next door and beddington park was a little further up the road which had a river and everything :D Plus Brighton is only half an hour on train and I think all those places are lovely.

Henrick is GORGEOUS by the way, I'm jealous :001_wub:

Peace
    Akai-Chan

5. thedogsmother

Thanks, he is soooo tired now, he didn't even wake up when I turned the light on.

6. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Awwww.:laugh:

Our two Bichons are the same - we took them a walk to the park and they are flat out now.:laugh: The puppy lets you know when she's had enough - she lies down and whinges.:laugh:

7. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Great pics! I am lucky in some respects i guess........living here i am surrounded by beaches, common's, cliffs etc. xx

Everytime i see Henrick i just fall in love more :001_wub::001_tt1:
    xx

8. thedogsmother

ooooh so jelous, I love the sea. I'm a tiny bit in love with the hairy hooligan myself;).

9. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I want to get away from here!! Only a tiny bit?? Lol!! He is so gorgeous.......!!! I bet your so proud really ;) x

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Love the pics he looked like he really enjoyed himself :)

I am so lucky here as I am surrounded by woodlands, fields, beaches and hills.

We (me and next door) are walking a medium sized hill at the weekend with the dogs :)

x

11. rona

rona Guest

WOO 250 miles, I drive 60 sometimes to go somewhere nice and 20 regularly to one of our favourite walks.
    After a journey like that I bet you are glad he really enjoyed himself :)

12. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Thats some serious mileage for a day trip :eek: glad it was a good day tho fab piccies :D 160 mile round trip is most I've done with my boy, on normal days walking I'm lucky to have a few decent walks within 2/3miles :)

13. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Great pics! :D Henrick is just so gorgeous :001_wub:

Harvey has never been to the beach :( But then he's scared of puddles so I don't think he'd like it too much! :D

14. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

Wow, 250 miles is good going! Looked a lovely beach tho and handsome Henrick looked like he was having fun!
    We took the dogs to the beach 2 weeks ago which was about 90 miles and on ours days off together we will go in search of nice walks.

Heres a couple of pics of our 2 at the beach-not great as they wouldnt keep still!!!

Attached Files:

15. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Aww bless his heart!! Looks like he had a fabulous time!!

I'm lucky I live near the most beautiful beaches, clifftop walks and forest so don't have to go far. I do drive around 100 miles every few months to meet up with a group of rescue friends for a mass dog walk. We tend to clear the places when we arrive (25 + dogs will do that!!) but it's always great fun and the dogs always behave extreamly well.

I'm a real home bird and tend to not leave my little Island very often!!:D

16. thedogsmother

Surely that is not a Staffy near the sea:eek:, my staffy (Bodger) spent his entire16 years trying to persuade me that staffys were allergic to water.:D

I wish there was a nice group of dogs that I could meet up with, there are mostly small dog owners in the places I walk and the majority of the owners assume that Henrick is going to eat their dog:rolleyes:, (honestly he hardly ever eats other dogs:D). He does have a few friends to be a silly puppy with, but he gets lonely sometimes:(.

17. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I wish there was a nice group of dogs that I could meet up with, there are mostly small dog owners in the places I walk and the majority of the owners assume that Henrick is going to eat their dog:rolleyes:, (honestly he hardly ever eats other dogs:D). He does have a few friends to be a silly puppy with, but he gets lonely sometimes:(.[/QUOTE]

Get yourself our way for an hour or so if you time the walk right he can play with 8 english pointers minium a husky weimmie and german pointer. Theres a real mixed bag on our fields and the majority of them are playful. Ever likely Arnie thinks he's one of the big boys :D

18. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Well if you are every anywhere near North Wales we meet up generally at Talacre near Rhyl and it's a free for all!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:001_tt2: Now you can see why we generally clear the beach!!!

19. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

We are quite lucky cos we have a great arboritum just up the road, plus only 1 1/2 from most good beaches. It's also hard to find beaches that dogs are allowed on.

20. thedogsmother

Get yourself our way for an hour or so if you time the walk right he can play with 8 english pointers minium a husky weimmie and german pointer. Theres a real mixed bag on our fields and the majority of them are playful. Ever likely Arnie thinks he's one of the big boys :D[/QUOTE]

Ooh Henrick would love that, where is Clayton?

I have friends who live in Rhyl, you might be getting a pm next time I visit them:D.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice